Changing your Personal Information

You can change your directory information online. Name and gender changes to your student records are done by Registration and Records with proper documentation.

Changing your Address, Telephone, Forwarding Email or Emergency Contact Information

You may update your mailing (local) and permanent addresses, telephone numbers, forwarding e-mail, and emergency contact information via the “profile” link on My Evergreen. If you live in on-campus housing, your mailing address will automatically update when you check in or move to another on-campus address. This address will be inactivated when you check out of housing. While your Evergreen email is the primary method for official communications to you from the College, we may send certain items to your mailing or permanent address on file.

Each quarter many students fail to receive vital information because they do not check their e-mail, update their addresses or notify Registration and Records of changes. Be sure to update your address, telephone number or e-mail address whenever they change. Please remember that it is your responsibility to file these changes.

Changing Your Name

Adding or Changing Your Chosen First Name

You may choose to use a first name on campus that is different than your legal first name. To add a chosen first name to your record, complete our chosen first name request form.  After we validate your request, we will enter your chosen first name in our system and let you know it is now on record. Your chosen first name will also be added to other systems which can accommodate it. It may take up to 24 hours for your information to display in these systems. Our help article will give current information on which systems are and are not able to display chosen first names. You may also revoke or change an existing chosen first name by using the same request form.

Changing Your Legal Name

You can change your legal name at Evergreen by submitting a legal name change form (PDF) with one piece of identification that has your new name. Acceptable pieces of identification are listed on the form.

Registration and Records will process your name change when you submit your name change form and identification documents. Your name will be updated in the student information system within one to two business days. It may take longer for your name to appear in other systems.

If you are not a United States citizen, you must show a valid passport and photo ID reflecting your new legal name.

Your new and former names will appear on your Evergreen transcripts.

Changing Your Displayed Name and Username (Alias) 

Students may change how their name appears to the outside world in most Evergreen applications. To change your displayed name, first complete the process of changing your legal name with Registration and Records. After your name change is processed, your new name will display in applications like Canvas and WordPress.

Changing Your Gender Designation

To change the gender designation on your student record, submit a Request for Gender Designation Change (PDF) form to the Registration and Records office.

Your gender designation will be updated in the student information system within one to two business days.

Evergreen’s Registration and Records Office strives to provide a safe, comfortable and non-discriminatory experience for students whose gender identity or gender expression does not conform to their assigned legal sex at birth. For questions or concerns regarding our name gender change processes, please contact Registration at (360) 867-6180 or