ID Cards

Your ID card gets you into Evergreen, keeps track of your meal plan, and can even get you discounts around town.

Request your student ID card with the Registration and Records office via the “profile” link on My Evergreen. Here you will be given instructions for obtaining your student ID card. You can request your card starting 30 days before the quarter when you start classes. (State employees using tuition benefits and students using the 60+ tuition waiver don't get ID cards.)

ID cards will be distributed according to the information provided when making your request. 

Please have a current valid picture ID, like a driver's license, state ID, military ID, or passport available. 

Tacoma students

Get your ID picture taken in Tacoma and we'll send it to Olympia for processing. Then you'll be able to pick it up in Tacoma. Quarterly validation stickers are available in Tacoma too.

Validation Stickers

Each quarter you’ll need to get a validation sticker to go on your student ID. This sticker is your proof of student status.

Starting one week before the quarter, you can get your sticker either at Registration or at Student Accounts.

Bring your ID card to the window. We’ll check that you're registered for classes. (Just being on a waitlist doesn't count as registered.) After the quarter starts, we'll also check to make sure you've paid tuition.

If you aren't paying student fees, then you don't get a validation sticker. Typically, this applies to student traveling abroad, college or state employees using benefits, or students using the 60+ tuition waiver.

Replacement Cards

If you lose or destroy your card, it's okay! We can get you a replacement, and you can even use your old picture if you liked it.

  1. Make payment for replacement card through My.Evergreen. Click "web payment" then, under "student account payment" pay the appropriate fee. If you don't have a meal plan, you'll pay $10 for a replacement card. If you have a meal plan, you'll pay $25.
  2. Contact Registration and Records with your receipt. We can use your old photo or have you submit a new one. You'll get a new card right away.

What You Get With Your ID Card

On campus

  • Free: use the CRC! (Requires current validation sticker.)
  • If you have a meal plan, it's your meal card.
  • If you live in housing, it's your elevator key.
  • Check out equipment at the CRC or Media Loan.
  • Faster checkout at the library.
  • Discounts for some campus events.

Off campus

  • Student discounts at lots of businesses, including Orca Books, movie theaters, Caffe Vita, and The Warehouse climbing gym. (May require validation sticker.)