Be Part of Their Journey
Find out what makes Evergreen a place where creative minds thrive.
Ninety percent of Evergreen's graduates find success in careers, service or in grad schools across the globe just one short year after graduation. People thrive here because they immerse themselves in a real community that nurtures their passion and curiosity. They thrive after their time here because an Evergreen education anticipates careers that haven’t even been invented yet.
We also know that students are only part of the equation to a successful transition to college life. You
– Geoduck families – play a vital role. We share this parent handbook, First Years Away from Home:
Letting Go and Staying Connected, to provide parents and families an opportunity to partner with us
in students’ transition to Evergreen.
Review Important Deadlines
If your student is getting ready to get started at Evergreen, visit Incoming Students for all the important milestones and deadlines.
Student Educational Privacy
College students’ educational information is protected by federal law (FERPA). We may not release educational records, health information, housing information, etc. without the student’s permission,
even for students under age 18.
If your student would like to share that information, they need to complete a release form. Find out more about confidentiality of records (FERPA).
Academics & Academic Support
Evergreen is an excellent environment for academically-engaged students. Your student will have the opportunity to develop a custom learning pathway to a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Sciences, or Bachelor of Arts & Sciences degree.
Like the world, we...
- Invent, instead of following well-worn paths. We continually create new ways to approach learning, taking students through programs covering multiple subjects instead of separate classes.
- Evolve, instead of settle. We know we can always find better ways, and we are excited to work toward them.
- Focus, instead of major. We layer disciplines into individual expressions of scholarship, and prepare graduates for careers that haven’t been invented yet.
- Learn from others, instead of flying solo. We work in teams from the science lab to the dorm room to the forests and beaches that surround us.
- Evaluate, instead of grade. We use context and explanation to evaluate performance through narrative evaluations, rather than simple solitary letters.
- Clarify, instead of confuse. By writing an Academic Statement, students learn to summarize and explain their complex academic career.
All students have access to engaged and knowledgeable professional advisors, career advising, and specialized services to meet their needs.
Life Outside of the Classroom
Living on campus supports your student's success. Students who live in campus housing, as about three-quarters of first-year students do, perform better in class and create a rich social life. Students are not automatically assigned housing and there are some options to chose from
Plus your student can participate in many different activities on campus. Student clubs cover a range of artistic, cultural and social interests. The Costantino Recreation Center hosts athletics events, dance and exercise opportunities. Students can also get engaged by working on the college radio station or newspaper.
Affording an Evergreen Education
Tuition at Evergreen is the lowest in western Washington and a tremendous savings over private liberal arts colleges in Washington or beyond. We also offer financial aid, scholarships and a full range of grants and loans too, making college even more accessible and affordable.
Parents and family are invited to any public events on our two campuses. In particular, you should definitely plan to attend Return to Evergreen, a two-day event designed for students, alumni, friends, and family to come and experience what Evergreen is all about.
Find information for your prospective student, schedule a campus visit, or ask all the nitty-gritty questions by connecting with Admissions.
Have concerns about how your current student is doing at Evergreen? We want to know.
If this is an emergency and you are concerned about your student's safety, contact Police Services at (360) 867-6140.