Welcoming New Students
We strive to take some of the jitters away to help you feel welcome, prepared and ready to make new friends, learn new things and make memories to last a lifetime. That is, after all, what college is all about.
We also know that students are only part of the equation to a successful transition to college life. You
– Geoduck families – play a vital role. We share this parent handbook, First Years Away from Home:
Letting Go and Staying Connected, to provide parents and families an opportunity to partner with us
in students’ transition to Evergreen.
Evergreen's orientation programs help you:
- Understand academic expectations and introduce you to the campus learning environment.
- Develop a sense of belonging within the community.
- Introduce you to support services dedicated to successful student life.
New Student Handbook
Whether you’re a new or returning Greener, we can help you get the most out of your education with resources and tips for the exciting journey ahead to getting your degree.
Tips for New Greeners
Tips to set you up for success in your first quarter at Evergreen! We recommend completing these tasks before contacting an advisor:
Advising and Registration for New First-Year and Transfer Students
For all upcoming events for new first-year transfer students, check your Evergreen email and the Academic Calendar. Contact Academic and Career Advising for degree planning and class selections.
Get Help with Advising, Admissions, and Financial Aid
Ways an Advisor Can Assist You
- Make or update a plan for your education and beyond.
- Selecting programs to complete your degree.
- Support with a resume or letter of interest.
Get help at Contact an Advisor
Help with Admissions or Financial Aid
Graduate, International, Native Pathways, and Tacoma Students
These programs will engage with you directly once admitted to provide information on new student orientation activities.
- Master in Teaching, email@example.com, (360) 867-6559
- Master of Public Administration, firstname.lastname@example.org, (360) 338-5771
- Master of Environmental Studies, email@example.com, (360) 867-6225
- Master of Public Administration Tribal Governance and Tacoma Cohort, firstname.lastname@example.org, (360) 867-6202
International students receive information directly from International Programs and Services.
- Brynn Smith, Assistant Director, (360) 867-6421
- Dr. Marcia Tate Arunga, Academic Dean, (253) 680-3000
Native Pathways Program
- Dawn Barron, Director, (360) 867-6286