Olympia Campus Tour
Join our Olympia Campus tours Monday through Friday. Group tours can be scheduled with two weeks' notice.
- Fall, winter and spring tour times: Two tour times Monday through Friday. One starts at 10:15 a.m. and the other at 3:15 p.m. (excluding weekends and holidays).
- Summer tours beginning on June 26: Two tour times Monday through Friday. One starts at 10:00 a.m. and the other at 2:00 p.m. (excluding weekends and holidays).
- Can't visit in person? Sign up for a live virtual information session to learn more about how Evergreen can help accomplish your academic and career goals, dedicated sessions for both first-year and transfer students.
Tacoma Campus Tour
Contact the Tacoma Campus at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voice message by calling (253) 680-3000. We'll give you a call back within 24-48 hours to schedule a personalized tour.
Olympia's Forest, Trails, Beach and Farm
Evergreen’s campus sits on 1,000 forested acres with trails leading to the college’s 3-acre Organic Farm and 3,000 feet of Puget Sound beachfront. The public is welcome any time of day, every day of the week. Enjoy biking, hiking, wading, mushrooming, wildlife watching and birding. You never know what you'll see!
Explore the forest and trails whenever you like
Evergreen sits at the center of 1,000 acres of forest. Many programs head outside for one-of-a-kind outdoor class meetings, but you’re also free to explore the woods and trails whenever you like. Keep your eyes open for deer and other woodland critters, or simply enjoy the peace of your surroundings. Well marked trails will take you to the Organic Farm or down to the beach.
Access more than 3,000 feet of unspoiled beach on the Puget Sound
Just a short walk from campus, you have access to more than 3,000 feet of unspoiled beach on the Puget Sound. Bring waterproof boots and wade offshore, comb the beach for shells and clams, or sit and watch for seals. You can even hit the water in a kayak rented from the campus Recreation Center via The Outdoor Program. At night, you can see small bioluminescent creatures glowing in the water or join the Shellfish Club for one of their midnight meetings. Bring a flashlight and watch out for jellyfish!
The Organic Farm
USDA-certified organic farm that's also a learning laboratory
Visitors have an opportunity to experience Evergreen's Organic Farm Stand in action. Stop on by to purchase fresh seasonal produce, flowers, fruit, plants and more during the growing season from 3-6 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays from April until the first week of November. On all other tour days, the Organic Farm is open to visitors via a walking path near the center of campus or by car (directions). Your tour guide can walk with you or direct you.
Student-created maps of the Olympia Campus and trails
Students in a Geographic Information Systems course created maps of the Olympia Campus and trails. Each map highlights slightly different features, so find the one that works for your adventurous spirit.
- Potasnik Map (PDF): Shows bike-friendly and walking trails, as well as streams and campus buildings.
- Siatkowski Map (PDF): A full-campus map featuring road trails, shore trails, forest trails, east campus trails, campus buildings and the Organic Farm.
- Ritchie Map (PDF): Distinguishes between improved and unimproved trails and shows the Eld Inlet and south campus reserve.
Explore the Area
Olympia is situated in the most diverse landscape in America
Evergreen's wonderful, natural areas are available for you to use whenever you want, but if that’s not enough, know that Olympia is situated in the most diverse landscape in America. Explore many state and national forests, a number of mountains, and the Pacific ocean, all nearby. Whether you’re looking for an adventure, or some peace and quiet close to home, you can find it here.
If you're in the Olympia area and want to explore Evergreen's Olympia campus on your own, our campus is always open to the public. Grab a printed self-guided tour booklet outside of Admissions on the bottom floor of Evans Hall.