The Academic Fair gives you the chance to ask faculty questions, pick up materials (such as the syllabus), evaluate your choices, get signatures (if required) and conduct interviews or portfolio reviews.
Academic Fair for Summer and Fall 2020 will be held remotely on May 27, 2020, 4 – 6 pm. Please check back for updates. Academic Fair information will also be sent to admitted students at their Evergreen email.
Dates for the next year's academic fairs are available on the Academic Calendar.
Academic Fair Tips
How to prepare
- Review the online Academic Catalog. The fair will not replace reading the catalog. If you have no idea what you want to take, talk to an academic advisor, faculty or core connector prior to the fair.
- Create a prioritized list of program and course choices.
- Brainstorm and write down questions you have about programs or courses that interest you.
- Check the catalog for signature requirements and prerequisites. Some programs also have an application process for acceptance. Check the catalog to see what is required and be ready to bring it with you to the fair.
What you can do at the Academic Fair
- Contact faculty.
- Get an updated syllabus, if available.
- Gain understanding of the workload required for a program or course.
- Confirm you are prepared for work in your chosen program, course, research work, or individual study.
- Get signatures. Remember: a faculty signature allows you to register; it is not a registration. After you get a signature, you must complete your registration.
- Talk to advisors or the Academic Deans staff.
What you should do outside the Academic Fair
- If you need in-depth advising, visit an Academic Advisor or your current or previous faculty outside the fair.
- Confidential meetings with faculty or advisors should also be done outside the Academic Fair.
- While it is possible to find a sponsor for your individual study at the Academic Fair, you may be more successful by using the strategies listed on our Individual Study website. Have a back up plan for what you will take, if you can't find a sponsor.