New Student Orientation
New Olympia Undergraduates
The Evergreen State College requires all first-year (freshman, international, and transfer) undergraduate, degree-seeking students enrolling on the Olympia campus for the first time to attend a full virtual Summer Webinar series and the in-person New Student Orientation. We will introduce you to our unique approach to education and connect you to staff, faculty and campus resources. Please plan to participate fully—it will make a difference for your academic path.
Fall 2022 Canvas and Orientation invitations have arrived in your Evergreen email.
Summer Virtual Orientation Webinars.
Register in your Canvas, Fall New Student Orientation 2022-2023
In-person Pre-Orientation & Early Move-In.
September 16-22, 2022. More information on First-Year Experience.
Campus Housing Move-in.
September 22, 2022. Evergreen's Campus Housing
September 22-25, 2022. New Student Orientation Schedules
Information for Current Students
Information for COVID updates
First Year Advising and Registration Night
- Here is a list for first year programs with Greener Foundations to help you register for fall 2022.
- After you register take these next steps to prepare you for your academic journey at Evergreen.
Contact New Student Programs for more information: email@example.com
Tips for New Greeners
These items will set you up to succeed in your first quarter! Plan to complete these tasks before contacting an advisor.
- This New Student Checklist (PDF) can help you stay on track.
- Fall 2022 - coming soon! Your canvas tutorial invitation will arrive to your evergreen email - keep checking for it.
- Review the undergraduate catalog to choose several offerings you are interested in.
- Have the CRN for the course you want to enroll in handy when your registration time opens.
- Check the enrollment report to see which seats may be available during open registration.
Help from Academic and Career Advising
Ways an Advisor can assist you:
- Make or update a plan for your education and beyond.
- Select your programs to complete your degree.
- Contact Academic and Career Advising
Help With Your Application and Admissions
Evergreen—Tacoma student orientation
Tacoma students will receive information directly from Evergreen—Tacoma.
Dr. Marcia Tate Arunga | Academic Dean | firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (253) 680-3000
Native Pathways Program
The Native Pathways Program students will receive information directly from the Native Pathways Program.
Dawn Barron, Director
Toby Sawyer , Assistant Director
Phone: (360) 867-6286
International Student Orientation
International students will receive information directly from International Programs and Services.
Brynn Smith, Assistant Director
Phone: (360) 867-6421
Graduate Program Orientation
For information on graduate program orientations, please contact the following people:
Master in Teaching
Luis Apolaya Torres, Associate Director
Phone: (360) 867-6559
Master of Public Administration
Marcia Zitzelman, Assistant Director, Public & Nonprofit Administration and Public Policy
Phone: (360) 338-5771
Puanani Nihoa, Assistant Director, Tribal Governance and Tacoma Cohort
Phone: (360) 867-6202
Master of Environmental Studies
Averi Azar, Assistant Director
Phone: (360) 867-6225