About Media Loan
Media Loan lends and provides instructional support for the use of audio, video, photography and presentation equipment to students for their academic work.
Students in programs and courses with coordinated media resources will include a media fee upon registration which covers use of Media Loan equipment and media lab and access. Equipment is also available to faculty and staff conducting college business.
General Access equipment is open to all enrolled students doing academic work.
Limited film cameras are available. Contact Media Loan staff for questions and rentals.
A variety of video cameras, kits and lenses are available. Contact Media Loan staff for questions and rentals.
Audio equipment and kits are available. Contact Media Loan staff for questions and rentals.
- Sennheiser MKH-416 "Hollywood Mic" kits - 1 boom kit and 1 blimp kit.
- Earthworks QTC50 (available as a pair or individually) - Ultra wideband, low noise omnidirectional recording microphone for quiet sources.
- Assorted microphones – Lavaliers (wired & wireless), shotgun, dynamic cardioid, dynamic omnidirectional, condenser combo kit.
- Zoom H6n Field Recorder.
- Sound Devices 3-Channel Mixer.
- Clapboards, fishpoles, shockmounts, monopods, production headphones, and windscreens.
Lighting equipment and kits are available. Contact Media Loan staff for questions and rentals.
Grips are available. Contact Media Loan staff for questions and rentals.
- C-stands hold lighting accessories like bounce cards, scrims or flags. C-stands are incredibly useful to have around to act as an extra set of hands.
- Gobo-arms do the holding for the C- stands.
- Sandbags are handy for keeping tripods, c-stands and light stands steady.
- Apple boxes come in many sizes. They are useful for boosting the height of many objects on set.
- Flags can make or break a lighting scheme. Ask for the flags that you want from the kit, including a “cookie”, diffusion, black, etc.
- Gels for color correction and theatrical lighting effects (many colors available).
- Tripods are selected for you by workers depending on which camera you requested.
- Tripod spreader is a set of wheels for the tripod.
- Wheelchair available for simpler or handheld tracking shots.
- GlideCam is a hand-held camera stabilizer that creates smooth moving shots and allows the operator to walk, run, go up and down stairs, shoot from moving vehicles and travel over uneven terrain without any camera instability or shake.
- CAME-ARGO 3 Axis Gimbal stabilizer creates smooth moving shots. For advanced media students only.
- Jib arm for "crane shots".
- Olympia Campus
- Mailstop Evans 1501
Mon, Tues, Thurs 12 pm to 6 pm Wed 12 to 2 pm and 4 to 6 pm Fri 12 to 4 pm Sat and Sun Closed