Veterans Resource Center
The Veterans Resource Center will help you receive all the benefits you have earned through your service to our country. We serve all military, dependents, and veterans with respect, compassion, and confidentiality.
- Transfer Credits
- Credit for Military Experience
Everything You Need
Connect with everything you need to get started and succeed in college.
- Advice about educational and career options to help you continue a career direction or take a new one;
- Document and obtain credit for military training, including assisting you in getting a copy of your military transcript;
- Understand and apply for your educational benefits, or if you’ve already used these benefits, exploring other funding options that may be available to you;
- Dependents understand and make use of their benefits; and
- Acquire and file any needed forms or records (e.g. 22-1995 or DD-214).
We understand that veterans may have distinctive challenges, including PTSD, TBI, other injuries or circumstances. We’re familiar with those challenges and can help.
Contact us if you have questions or just want to chat about your education.
Student Cara Myhre (above) came to The Evergreen State College after a 10 year career in the Army. She is interested in becoming an art therapist, and towards that end she enrolled in the program Narrative Objects. The class, taught by faculty Jean Mandeberg and Steven Hendricks, incorporates fine metal and book arts and examines ways in which objects can participate in, contain, and create narratives. The miniatures project assigned for this class inspired her to reflect on the time she served in the active war zone of Iraq in the early 2000s.
Evergreen is Vet-Friendly
As a nod to military tradition and a sign of camaraderie, veterans in the Evergreen community can obtain a challenge coin. (Read a brief history of challenge coins; Evergreen's was established in 2009.)
Veterans of Evergreen Transition and Support (V.E.T.S.)
We have a group of students, faculty, and staff who monitor, raise awareness, establish processes and advise the Evergreen community in matters related to the needs of veterans.
We also offer campus tours, information sessions, and lunch thru the JBLM transitions team.