The Fall Equity Symposium is designed to empower the Evergreen community with tools to create a stronger sense of belonging on campus. Additionally, the symposium is designed to have a meaningful impact in communities beyond the collegial hemisphere. Participants will receive the opportunity to further develop their cultural-competency skills as well as their understanding of how they can contribute to fostering a more inclusive and equitable environment.
To RSVP please click on the link below:
- Evergreen Campus (Tacoma & Olympia Students, Faculty, Staff and Alum): Evergreen Community Members
- Local Community Members: Community Members
Multicultural Resource and Networking Fair
Multicultural Resource Fair: October 11th | 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM | Library Lobby and Third Floor
Dr. Terrell Strayhorn Speech: October 11th | 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM | Library Lobby
Evergreen Community Workshops
Community Workshops and Sessions:
- Session Block 1: October 12th | 9:30-10:30 AM| Standby for agenda & location
- Session Block 2: October 12th | 10:45 - 11:45 AM | Standby for agenda & location
Dr. Joy DeGruy Speech: October 12th | 1:30 - 2:30 PM | Library Lobby
Equity Honors Ceremony: October 12th | 3:30 PM - 4:00 PM | Library
Resources for the Community
Many different groups on campus can help you get the services you need, find a community, or report a concern.
Find resources and support
- Access Services: connecting students with disabilities to resources to enable success.
- Center for Community-Based Learning and Action: linking students and faculty with community organizations for mutually-beneficial opportunities.
- The President's Equity Fund: funding events and activities to encourage inclusion and equity.
- First Peoples Multicultural Advising: providing academic and social support for people of color.
- Longhouse: promoting indigenous arts and cultures.
- TRiO: assisting and serving low-income, first-generation college, and disabled students.
- Trans & Queer Center: providing academic and social support for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, and agender people.
- Veteran's Services: helping military, dependents, and veterans access services and benefits.
Act to stop inequity and bias
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity: ensuring a diverse workforce; preventing and responding to harassment and discrimination.
- Bias Incident Response Team: addressing hate crimes or bias incidents when more visible incidents occur that are likely to significantly affect the College community or subpopulations of the college.
- Title IX: responding to people who have experience sexual violence and helping the community support each other.