New Employee Onboarding Guide
President Welcome Video
Take A Virtual Campus Tour
Take our Virtual Campus Tour to learn all about Evergreen in an interactive way.
Before Your First Day
- My Evergreen – Employee Portal – please follow instructions that you should have received to your personal email about account provisioning.
- If you need assistance, please contact Technical Support Center https://help.evergreen.edu/
- Employment Policies — After your first day of work, you will need to acknowledge that you have read and understand Evergreen’s employment policies through My Evergreen employee portal.
- Affirmative Action
- Air Quality
- Alcohol and Drug-Free Workplace
- Appropriate Use of Information Technology
- Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting
- Domestic Violence in the Workplace
- Educational Benefits
- Exempt Evaluation
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Policy Statement
- Hazard Communication Sheet “Right to Know”
- Non-Discrimination Policy and Procedure
- Outside Employment
- Overtime and Compensatory Time - Non-Represented Exempt Staff
- Reasonable Accommodation in Employment
- Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct
- Social Contract
- Substance Abuse and Prevention Policy
- Suspended Operations and Closure: Authority, Protocol, Leave Reporting and Pay
- Whistleblower - State Auditor’s Office
- Workplace Violence
Your First Day
First, meet with your new supervisor! They'll help you through all the steps of getting started as a new Evergreen employee. Download a checklist (PDF).
You'll need to visit the following offices:
Human Resource Services
- Bring a printed copy of the USCIS I-9 form with Section 1 completed. You will also need acceptable documents for us to complete Section 2. A list of acceptable documents is included with the Form I-9 instructions. Be sure to bring photo ID and any necessary documents for completing the I-9.
- If you've worked for another state agency within the last five years, you can request that your sick leave be transferred. Ask us how.
- Schedule with HRS a Time and Leave system training overview.
Payroll and Benefits
Learn more about Payroll and Benefits, including medical and dental insurance and retirement benefits, and review the pay dates.
- Turn in your W-4 form.
- Schedule a benefits orientation.
Registration and Records
- Get your staff ID.
- Get your parking pass. See the Parking Services site for rates and details.
- Get a Star Pass sticker to ride Intercity Transit buses for free. You'll need your staff ID.
- Turn in a signed Key Authorization Form to get any keys you may need. You'll need your staff ID.
Get familiar with My Evergreen employee portal
- Go to "Profile" to make sure your name and address are correct. You can also add or edit an emergency contact.
- Under the Employee section, you can view your Pay History and benefits deduction information.
- Under the Community section, go to Emergency Campus Notifications to sign up for text alerts. You‘ll always be notified when campus is closed.
- You can also use My Evergreen to certify your work time, manage leave requests (see Leave/Holiday and Time Sheets and Work Certifications). Other helpful resources Time and Leave Help https://helpwiki.evergreen.edu/wiki/index.php/Time_and_Leave_Help
Represented employees may use 30 minutes of paid release time to attend one of the upcoming union presentations on the following dates from 1:15 PM to 2:15 PM in Library Building, Room LIB 3707.
- November 12, 2019
- December 10, 2019
- January 14, 2020
- February 11, 2020
- March 10, 2020
- April 14, 2020
- May 12, 2020
- June 9, 2020
- July 14, 2020
- August 11, 2020
- September 8, 2020
- October 13, 2020
- November 10, 2020
- December 8, 2020
For additional information visit Support and information for Evergreen’s faculty and staff