Academic & Career Advising
Understand your educational options, plan your academic path, and succeed as a learner.
Are you ready for Winter Quarter?
Make plans to attend the Academic Fair on December 2, 2020.
Tips for new students:
- This new student checklist (PDF) can help you stay on track.
- Complete your Canvas tutorial and questions at canvas.evergreen.edu - It's required.
- Watch this helpful video of our Student Registration Seminar to learn how to use the online registration system.
- Review the academic catalog to choose several options you are interested in.
- Have the CRN for the course you want to enroll in handy when your registration time opens.
- Check the enrollment report to see which seats may be available.
Our office will be closed on these dates: November 25, 26 and 27. Please plan accordingly.
Our office will be closed for in-person visits until further notice due to COVID-19. Since we are not working in the office, you will not be able to leave a phone voice mail on our office number, so please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are available for you to reach out to us in the ways listed below – we're here for you!
Online Advising in Zoom
No Zoom Drop-ins will be available on: Nov. 25 and 27 due to office closures.
The easiest way to connect with an advisor is through our Zoom Drop-ins. Other than week 1, our normal Drop-in hours are: Mon/Wed/Fri from 1 - 4 pm PST. Using video is optional.
You can enter the Advising virtual waiting room and please have your student id# (A#) ready for check-in.
Check the Evergreen Help Wiki for information about using Zoom.
Science Advising will be available in Zoom Drop-ins too!
Wednesdays, 1:30-3:00 pm, we will have an Evergreen science faculty member available to speak with you specifically about the sciences. You can join us Wednesdays, September 30 through December 9, to discuss your science questions.
Academic & Career Advising Texting Line
If you have any quick questions or need support with anything, you can text us at (360) 323-9201 for assistance, Monday – Friday, 9 am – 4 pm PST. We're here to help!
Email Academic and Career Advising
You can email us at email@example.com to ask us a question.
Appointments for Academic and Career Advising
Limited individual appointments, if scheduled in advance, are available: Monday - Friday, 9 am - 12 pm, and Tuesday / Thursday, 1 - 4 pm PST
To request an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, student ID #, and your best contact information. Also, include two or three dates and times you'll be available, to help us find you an appointment.
We can help you....
- Make or update a plan for your education and beyond
- Figure out what to take next
- Understand the structure of your studies and how they prepare you for your career
- Prepare for the transition to life after college
You can also contact Academic & Career Advising to…
- Talk to someone about conflicts or issues in your program
- Learn about grad school and career options
- Get yourself back on track if you're having problems
If you have questions about transfer credits from other schools, please talk to Admissions.
If you have questions about providing a GPA to an employer, graduate school, or internship host, please contact the Registrar.