Academic and Career Advising
Contacting an Advisor
We're here to help you prepare for next quarter and beyond! Our new business hours are:
- Monday/Tuesday 9 am - 5 pm Pacific Time
- Wednesday/Thursday 10 am - 7 pm
- Friday 9 am - 2 pm.
You can contact an academic or career advisor in several ways:
- Academic Advising Zoom Drop-ins
- Individual Academic or Career Advising appointment
- Text us with quick questions
- Visit Contact an Advisor for more details and ways to connect
Note: Currently, we are not able to answer the office phone. You can leave a message and we'll try to call you back as soon as we are able. Better yet, please email email@example.com. We monitor this inbox throughout the day.
Tasks for New Greeners
These things will set you up to succeed in your first quarter! Plan to complete these things before contacting an advisor.
- This New Student Checklist (PDF) can help you stay on track.
- Complete your Canvas tutorial and questions at canvas.evergreen.edu - It's required.
- Review the undergraduate catalog to choose several offerings you are interested in.
- Have the CRN for the course you want to enroll in handy when your registration time opens.
- Check the enrollment report to see which seats may be available during open registration.
Zoom Drop-in Meetings
You can ask quick questions during our Zoom drop-ins.
NOTE> Zoom Drop-ins will be open 3-4 pm only on Wednesday, October 20 due to college-wide meeting.
- Drop-ins are available most Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 1 pm - 4 pm, Pacific Time
- Video is optional.
- Have your student ID# (A#) ready for check-in.
- Then enter the Advising virtual waiting room.
- Check the Evergreen Help Wiki for get started with using Zoom.
Science Advising during Zoom Drop-ins
NOTE> *Zoom Drop-ins will be open 3-4 pm only on Wednesday, October 20 due to college-wide meeting.
During weeks 1-10, we will offer science advising on Wednesdays, during our Zoom Drop-ins from 1:30-3:00 pm*. An Evergreen science faculty member will be available during these hours to assist you with your science planning questions.
Help from Academic and Career Advising
Advisors can help you:
- Make or update a plan for your education and beyond
- Select your programs to complete your degree
- Describe your education and how it prepares you for your career
- Find and apply for jobs after you graduate
Advisors also can help if you need to:
- Talk to someone about conflicts or issues in your program
- Discover ways to reach your academic goals
- Learn about grad school and career options
We also occasionally host advising events and workshops.
To learn about transferring credits from other schools, please contact Admissions.
If you need to provide a GPA to an employer, graduate school, or internship host, please contact the Registrar.
Check Peer Advisors for details on becoming an ACA Peer Advisor, .