Academic and Career Advising
We use the Advising Syllabus (PDF) as a guide for conversations with you about your academic and career goals. This document outlines the responsibilities of each party in the advising relationship and will be helpful to review the syllabus prior to meeting with an advisor.
Office Hours and Info
We're here to help you prepare for next quarter and beyond!
UPDATE: Zoom Drop-ins are closed on Wednesday, August 10.
Our regular hours are Monday - Friday: 9 am - 5 pm, Pacific Time
Tips for New Greeners
These items will set you up to succeed in your first quarter! Plan to complete these tasks before contacting an advisor.
- This New Student Checklist (PDF) can help you stay on track.
- Fall 2022 – coming soon! Your Canvas tutorial invitation will arrive in your Evergreen email – keep checking for it.
- Visit New Student Orientation for information about your required orientation.
- Review the undergraduate catalog to choose several offerings you are interested in.
- Have the CRN (Course Registration Number) for the course you want to enroll in handy when your registration time opens.
- Check the enrollment report to see which seats may be available during open registration.
Contacting an Advisor
You can contact an academic or career advisor in several ways:
- Academic Advising Zoom Drop-ins (starting June 27) will be available most Mondays and Wednesdays, from 1 - 4 pm, Pacific Time
- Individual Academic or Career Advising appointment
- Text us with quick questions
- Visit Contact an Advisor for more details and ways to connect
We may be working remotely and unable to answer our office phone. You can leave a message and we'll try to call you back as soon as we are able. Better yet, please email email@example.com. We monitor this inbox throughout our normal business hours.
Get Help from Academic and Career Advising
Ways we can assist you:
- Make or update a plan for your education and beyond
- Select your programs to complete your degree
- Describe your education and how it prepares you for your career
- Find and apply for jobs after you graduate
Advisors can also help if you need to:
- Talk to someone about conflicts or issues in your program
- Discover ways to reach your academic goals
- Learn about grad school and career options
We occasionally host helpful advising events and workshops too.
To learn about transferring credits from other schools, please contact Admissions.
If you need to provide a GPA to an employer, graduate school, or internship host, please contact the Registrar.
Check Peer Advisors for details on becoming an Academic and Career Advising Peer Advisor.