Academic and Career Advising
Advising Hours and Info
UPDATE: Our office will be closed on Mondays, December 26 and January 2 for the holidays.
Please note that our entire team will be working exclusively by remote from December 19 - January 6. Since we will not be working in the office, reaching us at our office phone will delay a response to you. Please reach out to us through: firstname.lastname@example.org email or set up a remote appointment through the Bookings app. Visit the Contacting an Advisor webpage to discover how to connect with an advisor.
Monday - Friday: 9 am - 5 pm, Pacific Time
We're here to help you prepare for next quarter and beyond!
Tips for New Greeners
These items will set you up to succeed in your first quarter. Plan to complete these tasks before contacting an advisor.
- This New Student Checklist (PDF) can help you stay on track.
- Your Canvas tutorial invitation will arrive in your Evergreen email – keep checking for it.
- Visit New Student Orientation for information about your required orientation.
- Review the undergraduate catalog to choose several offerings you are interested in.
- Have the Course Registration Number (CRN) for the course you want to enroll in handy when your registration time opens.
- Check the enrollment report to see which seats are available during open registration.
- Visit the New Student Handbook for all sorts of information to help you navigate Evergreen.
Contacting an Advisor
There are multiple ways to contact an academic or career advisor.
You can always send email to email@example.com with questions - we monitor incoming email during normal office hours.
If you call our office and happen to miss us, please leave a message. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Get Help from Academic and Career Advising
Ways we can help you:
- Make or update a plan for your education and beyond
- Select your programs to complete your degree
- Describe your education and how it prepares you for your career
- Find and apply for jobs after you graduate
Advisors can also help if you need to:
- Talk to someone about conflicts or issues in your program
- Discover ways to reach your academic goals
- Learn about grad school and career options
We occasionally host advising events and workshops too.
To learn about transferring credits from other schools, contact Admissions.
If you need to provide a GPA to an employer, graduate school, or internship host, contact the Registrar.
Check Peer Advisors for details on becoming an Academic and Career Advising Peer Advisor.