The Tacoma Program
Finish your bachelor’s degree in just six quarters in a close-knit community. Evergreen’s Tacoma Program offers convenience, flexibility, and diversity. Enter to learn, depart to serve.
Spring Quarter operations
Evergreen is moving to remote learning and services for Spring Quarter 2020 to keep our community healthy and to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Remote classes begin with Lyceum on Thursday, April 2.
- All other classes will start remotely on Monday, April 6.
- Please check your email daily for instructions, information about spring quarter operations, student access to our building, and other information.
- Tacoma will have Chromebooks available for enrolled students to check out. Please watch your email for updates about the computer check out process.
- Field trips that would take place before April 24 are canceled.
- You can also check the Evergreen COVID-19 information page, the Olympia campus library services page, additional information for students, and the status of other campus services.
If you have not already done so, please complete the survey that Dr. Z has sent to best determine how to deliver distant class instruction. Consider your IT skills and needs as you may be called to stretch your use of Zoom, Canvas, phone conferencing, and other remote tools. We are looking for your suggestions regarding remote instruction during Spring Quarter.
Phone messages on our main line of (253) 680-3000 will be checked daily.
You may also contact the following people for further questions by email:
- Marcia Tate Arunga, Dean, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Natasha Lemke, Student Services Coordinator, email@example.com
- Marla German, Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leah Wilkins, Lab Coordinator, email@example.com
The Tacoma Program of The Evergreen State College is a full-time course of study for students who have already completed at least 90 transferable credits. Students who complete the program receive a bachelor’s degree.
All students attend full time, but you have the option of either day or evening classes. You can get started in the fall, winter, or spring quarter. Give the program a try and register as a special student for the summer.
Visit us to learn how to complete your education
- Learn more about our unique daytime and evening curriculum in classes offered at our Tacoma location
- Meet faculty, staff, current students, and alumni
- Tour the building
- Meet with admissions staff to learn about applying
Graduate Programs in Tacoma
Starting Fall 2018, the Master of Public Administration will offer selected elective course in Tacoma. Learn more about what MPA courses will be available.