Undergraduate Scholarships & Tuition Awards
The general scholarship application for the 2022-23 academic year is now closed. If you were awarded a scholarship, complete your Scholarship Acceptance Form in our scholarship portal, if you haven’t already done so.
We post new external scholarship opportunities and resources as we become aware of them. We recommend checking this page regularly.
The Study Abroad scholarship application opens October 10, 2022, and close November 18, 2022. These awards can be used in spring and summer during the 2022-23 academic year.
Your study abroad scholarship application will include:
- An application essay, no longer than two pages double-spaced, describing:
- What you are studying at Evergreen and why.
- How you plan to use your degree after graduation.
- Why you selected your specific program and host country.
- One letter of recommendation, written within the last two years by someone other than a family member.
How to Apply
Applying for all Evergreen scholarships and tuition awards is a single process. Each student will submit one application that will be used to determine their eligibility for the entire list of scholarships. There are many scholarships available, and each student will be matched with the opportunities that fit their need, interests, and circumstances. If you would like to review the full list of opportunities, they can be found on the Evergreen Scholarship portal. For more information on crafting a compelling essay and using the application portal, attend one of our Scholarship Workshops.
Your scholarship application will include
An application essay no longer than 1000 words addressing the following questions:
- What are you studying and why? This could include why Evergreen is the best place to fulfill your academic goals, what career you plan to pursue, and/or why you are interested in particular programs and courses if you aren’t quite sure what your long term goals are.
- What is your experience with community involvement and giving back? Think creatively – this could be volunteer service, clubs, paid work, personal projects, or even future planned work.
- What accomplishments are you most proud of in your personal, professional, and/or academic life? What other information makes up who you are?
One letter of recommendation written by someone other than a family member. Example recommenders include:
- Faculty and teachers (in or outside of Evergreen)
- Volunteer leaders
- Guidance counselors
Optional: Unofficial transcripts (screenshots accepted)
- New students with fewer than 40 transferable credits should submit high school transcripts, as well as college transcripts if applicable.
- New students with 40 or more transferable credits should submit unofficial transcripts from all previous colleges.
- Continuing Evergreen students should submit copies of Evergreen evaluations, which can be found in the Academic Progress tab of your my.evergreen account. Include both the overview page that lists your coursework to date and choose two narrative evaluations your faculty have written of you that best represent your work. If you have not yet attended Evergreen for two quarters, you can submit a combination of Evergreen and previous transcripts.
Optional: Portfolios and additional criteria may be required for specific scholarships, such as photography, writing samples, or audio recordings. There will be space on your application to upload and submit these materials.
- The 2023-24 Evergreen Undergraduate scholarship application will open December 1, 2022
- Fall 2023 is February 1, 2023
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) open February 1, 2023.
Some scholarship opportunities require applicants to complete their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) for undocumented Washington residents. Both applications open October 1st, though we recommend completing and submitting either your FAFSA or WASFA no later than January 15th so our Financial Aid Office will receive the results by February 1st. Please do not submit a copy of the financial aid application along with your scholarship application. If you apply by the the deadline, our office will receive your information automatically.
Evergreen’s school code is: 008155
Submitting your applications
Note for new students: To be eligible to receive a scholarship, you must be admitted to the College, so it is critical that new students complete the application for admission prior to February 1. New students must activate their student account before they can access the scholarship application portal.
24 hours after you are admitted to the College, you will get an email with instructions on how to activate your student account. Instructions on how to activate your student account are also available on the Help Wiki. 24 hours after you have activated your student account, you will be able to access the scholarship portal. Contact the Undergraduate Scholarship Office if you can’t access the scholarship application.
Our online application form for 2023-24 undergraduate scholarships will open December 1, 2022, and all materials must be submitted by 11:59 pm on March 1, 2023.
Notification of scholarship awards begins in late April and concludes in May.
Pursuant to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, students submitting applications for scholarships are consenting to disclosure of their application materials to committee members on and off campus. This could include information related to scholarship eligibility, admissions status, registration status, class standing, and financial need.
The Evergreen State College strongly encourages qualified persons of all races, ethnicities and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, persons over 40, women, and Vietnam Era and disabled veterans to apply for awards listed.
Each program has their own financial aid and scholarship awards.
Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday: available in person by appointment
Thursday & Friday: available virtually by appointment