Welcome New Students
We're excited to welcome you to our dedicated cohort of people selected to join the Master of Public Administration program at The Evergreen State College, as a matriculated student.
Below are steps to take that will prepare you for your first quarter at Evergreen.
Celebrate your accomplishment with friends and family! Choosing to go to graduate school is a significant life event.
Activate your my.evergreen.edu account so you can pay your tuition deposit and set up your Evergreen e-mail.
Pay your $100 tuition deposit to reserve your space in the Fall 2023 cohort as soon as possible. Additional step by step detail is provided below.
Register for Fall courses beginning Monday, May 22 at 8:00 am PST.
Save the date for your MPA Orientation!
Tacoma Cohort - Saturday, September 16 from 9:30 am - 4:00 pm PST at the Tacoma site.
Olympia Cohort - Saturday, September 23 from 9:30 am - 4:00 pm PST at the Olympia campus.
Watch your Evergreen email address for more information.
Attend your 1st Year Core class - The Context of Public Administration
Activating your my.evergreen.edu Account
Once you are admitted to the MPA program, an email will be sent to your personal email account with complete orientation steps.
- Set up a secure password
- Go to activate.evergreen.edu to activate your account and set a new secure password.
Select a new username
- Go to mystudentlogon.evergreen.edu to change your temporary student username to a personalized option. New usernames should sync with all systems within an hour, and you will receive an email once your new username is active.
- Sign in to my.evergreen to finalize account activation
- Go to my.evergreen.edu and log in for the 1st time with your chosen @evergreen.edu username and password.
- Upon successfully logging in, you will be prompted to agree to the Appropriate Use Policy and the Copyright Policy.
- Once you have accepted these policies, you will be directed to the my.evergreen home page with access to various Evergreen resources.
Need help? Access the New Student Account Activation Help Wiki
Paying your $100 Tuition Deposit
Click on Web Payment
Click on Make Payment under Current Balance Due
Choose Tuition Deposit
Choose Tuition Deposit for Graduate Studies
Choose the correct quarter (Fall 2023) and Click Add to Basket
Click Pay Now
Pay by credit/debit card (2.75% service fee) or e-check
If you would prefer to pay in person or by mail, refer to Evergreen’s payment options page.
Important Dates for Fall 2023 Cohort
|May 19||$100 Tuition Deposit due|
|May 22||Fall 2023 web registration begins|
|September 10||Written documentation due for provisional admits (documenting completion of BA/BS) - official transcripts can be submitted at this time if available to resolve this provision.|
|September 16||Tacoma Cohort: Mandatory MPA Orientation, Saturday from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm PST|
|September 23||Olympia Cohort: Mandatory MPA Orientation, Saturday from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm PST|
|September 27||Tacoma Cohort: First Wednesday night meeting of 1st Year Core|
|September 28||Olympia Cohort: First Thursday night meeting of 1st Year Core|
|September 29||Tuition is due!|
Official transcripts due for provisional admits (documenting completion of BA/BS)
The Evergreen Help Wiki is a great source of information. We highly recommend checking it out!
Olympia Cohort Questions
Contact Marcia Zitzelman
(360) 338-5771 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tacoma Cohort Questions
Contact Puanani Nihoa
(360) 688-4780 (cell) or email@example.com