Master in Teaching Cost and Aid

Graduate Tuition and Fees

Visit the Tuition and Fees page for current graduate tuition rates and deadlines. 

Visit Registration and Records for information about establishing or documenting residency. ​

MiT Costs Overview 

Based on 2022-2023 academic year, costs are subject to change without notice. Contact us with any questions about costs and fees specific to MiT. 

InternalCommunity-Based Experience fee (first three quarters only)$150.00 total
Graduation fee$40.00
External Fees*Washington State Patrol identification and criminal history check$81.00
Application for teacher certificate$93.00
 Total Fees$364.00

*External fees are subject to change. Questions regarding these fees should be directed at the appropriate agency. 

Incoming MiT Students

In addition to submitting a FAFSA or WASFA for 2024-25, you will need to submit one for the 2023-24 academic year as soon as you can to ensure you can apply for aid for your first quarter in the program. Contact for questions or concerns.

Financial Aid 

There are many ways for you to offset the cost of your degree, including scholarships, need-based grants, and loans. Find out how to apply for Financial Aid

Most aid is need-based and requires filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)eligible U.S. citizens or the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) for eligible non-citizen Washington residents. Include Evergreen’s school code 008155.

FAFSA applications received after March 1st will not be considered for Evergreen Need Grants or available tuition waivers, but will still be considered for scholarships and loans. WASFA eligible students will only be reviewed for Washington state funding resources and are not eligible for federal loan aid.

Students who submit their WASFA and meet the March 1st deadline will be considered for the Evergreen Need Grants, tuition waivers, scholarships and fellowships.

Your official FAFSA or WASFA must be received and processed no later than March 1. In order for your FAFSA to be considered official, it cannot be rejected by a processor for any reason. While FAFSA or WASFA forms can be submitted after March 1, applicants may not qualify for as much aid as on-time filers.

For questions about FAFSA or WASFA, student loans, or Evergreen Need Grants, contact the Financial Aid Office at or (360) 867-6205. For questions about Master in Teaching scholarships, contact

Military, Veterans and Dependents

The Veteran's Resource Center will help you receive all the benefits you have earned through your service. Contact them directly for questions and support. Veterans who apply may have their application fee waived.

Public Service Loan Forgiveness 

If you go into public service, the federal government forgives student loans to recipients who work for at least 10 years in public service! Learn more about Public Service Loan Forgiveness

Master in Teaching Sponsored Scholarships

All scholarship information and applications will be available through AwardSpring. Evergreen log-in information is required to view and apply for scholarships for the 2023-24 academic year.

Scholarship Opportunities

Master in Teaching AmeriCorps Education Award

Designed for AmeriCorps volunteers who have received the full education award, the award generally offers a student the equivalent of one quarter of resident tuition. Candidates may apply both years in the program.

Master in Teaching


Office Hours

  • Monday - Friday, 9 am to 5 pm