About Mathematical, Physical, and Computer Sciences
Studies in chemistry, computer science, mathematics, earth sciences, and physics prepare you for careers and graduate study in a variety of fields, from alternative energy and cybersecurity to education and climate science.
Programs on this Path give you the support and freedom to dive into what you’re most passionate about. You will:
- Gain hands-on experience with cutting-edge computing, lab, and research technology
- Work closely with faculty and classmates, learning collaboratively in a tight-knit community
- Develop the skills you’ll need to join the ranks of professional mathematicians and scientists
- Design and carry out individual and collaborative projects that can lead to advanced research
Having a supportive learning community makes all the difference in college. Multi-quarter programs on this Path become strong foundations for you to build something great out of your passions. You’ll create lasting connections with other students and learn from them every day during seminars, group projects, and other activities that turn your class into a real community.
Prepare for Careers and Graduate Studies Beyond this Path
- Alternative energy
- Artificial intelligence
- Climate science
- Data science
- Finance and actuarial science
- Scientific research
- Software development
- Software engineering
Graduate School Opportunities
- Business analytics
- Computer science
- Environmental science
- Materials science
- Physics, astronomy, and astrophysics
The Mathematical, Physical, and Computer Sciences Path offers programs in related concentration areas that you can mix and match.
- Computer Science: Computer science programs give you dynamic skills in coding, cybersecurity, robotics, and more. You’ll get to apply your knowledge to practical problems in many fields and join a learning community with its eyes on the future.
- Mathematics: The mathematics community at Evergreen is here to help you dig into what excites you most. You’ll learn to use math as a way of seeing the world and find deep patterns that reveal connections between different systems. No matter where you’re starting, you can find your way to advanced mathematics on this Path.
- Physical Sciences: Physical sciences include physics, chemistry, and earth sciences. In these programs, you’ll explore the nature of the physical world and how it relates to human and non-human systems. You’ll learn with a supportive community and gain skills through hands-on opportunities that will prepare you for advanced scientific work.
Labs and Studios
Get hands-on experience in labs where you’ll learn the collaborative and analytical skills professional scientists use every day.
You’ll have access to labs for:
- Introductory and advanced physics
- General, physical, and inorganic chemistry
- Environmental and water quality analysis
- Physical computing (robotics, 3D printing, and more)
- Electronics and metrology
- Advanced instrumentation and computer interfacing
The independence and support you get as an undergrad scientist at Evergreen is a one-of-a-kind experience. In programs on this Path, you’ll learn to prepare and run your own samples and get to know advanced scientific instruments well enough to put them on your resume.
Graduating with skills in using these instruments will give you an edge over the competition when applying for graduate schools, research opportunities, and jobs in the field.
Learn more about Labs and Studios