Support for Undocumented Students

Find resources and support while attending Evergreen, regardless of your documentation status.

Applying for Admission

Evergreen welcomes applications from all students, regardless of residency status. You don’t have to be covered by the DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) program. Visit the Admissions Apply page to apply. Undocumented students should use the Evergreen Application, rather than the Common Application.

Eligibility for In-State Tuition

Through SB 5194 Washington State allows anyone with a high school diploma or GED earned anywhere in the world who resides or establishes "residence" in Washington state for at least one year prior to enrollment to be eligible for in-state tuition. Washington state is the first place in the USA to treat all applicants and enrolled students across the immigration status spectrum equity!
To see if you qualify, see the Washington State Higher Education Residency Affidavit (PDF).   

The Registration and Records office can answer questions about this process.

Legal Resources

For students making decisions about DACA status, the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project has published an advisory
The Northwest Immigration Rights Project also provides help with DACA renewal.
Register for a DACA Renew Clinic here.

Pacific County Immigrant Support Recommendations for Legal Support (PDF)

DACA and Study Abroad

Students with DACA status may be eligible to travel internationally for study abroad with advance parole. Visit the Study Abroad and DACA webpage to learn about the advance parole requirements and process.

Contact Evergreen's Office of International Programs & Services ( to discuss your interest in study abroad, financing options, logistical matters, and how the office can provide documentation for a “qualifying reason to travel abroad”.

Additional Questions, Contact:

Juanita Hopkins: undergraduate students/para español
CAB 227
Book an appointment here

Luis Apolaya Torres: graduate students/para español
SEM II E-3135

Trina Griffis: financial assistance
Evans Hall 1200