Getting Paid

After being hired you are expected to complete the federal form I-9 on your first day of work. Supporting documents must be verified within 3 working days.  
The Human Resource Services Office maintains this personnel record.  Students can submit the form to the Student Employment Office. 
The Payroll Office can assist with the forms listed below.

W-4 Forms

Go to My Evergreen "Pay History and Information" to view or submit your W-4. You will need to submit this when you begin working at Evergreen and any time you need to change your tax deductions. For more information see W-4 on the Tax Forms and Paystubs page.

Submitting a Time Sheet

Student and Temporary Hourly employees will use the online timesheet at My Evergreen Time Tracking to accurately enter the start and end time for each shift worked clocking out for unpaid breaks.

Need help?


  • Each pay period employees will certify their time no later than the last day in the pay period.
  • Time Approvers will need to certify on the first business day of the following pay period. 

For more information see the Time Sheets - Student and Temporary Employee (Wiki)

Submitting a Work Certification or Leave Request

Classified and Overtime Eligible Exempt employees will use the online time and leave system at My Evergreen Time Tracking to complete work certifications and submit leave requests.

  • Hours worked and leave requests should be certified weekly. 

For more information see the Time and Leave Help (Wiki).

Picking up Paychecks

If you are not using direct deposit, you may pick up your paycheck at the Cashier's Office. You will need to bring photo ID. If a paycheck has been in the Cashier's Office for five or more working days, the check may be mailed to the address on the check.

Keeping Your Address Updated

You should keep your mailing address up to date in My Evergreen "Pay History and Information". To have your new address printed on a check you need to make the change in My Evergreen about a week prior to payday. Housing addresses are updated automatically.

If you have lost your paycheck or have not been paid, please contact the Payroll Office for assistance.

Direct Deposit to your Bank

The Payroll & Benefits Office offers employees the ability to have their paychecks directly deposited into their personal bank accounts.  You may add accounts or update preferred deposit amounts and percentages using the My Evergreen employee link for "Pay History and Information".  After we receive your request, you will receive a confirmation at your email for further verification; this is to ensure your personal information is protected.  If you do not provide the requested verification your direct deposit setup will be delayed for your protection. Please only communicate verification information using your email address. 

The direct deposit form (PDF) is still an option if you would prefer to submit changes on paper through campus mail or the postal service.   For your protection, DO NOT email completed forms, this jeopardizes private financial data.  Additionally with this method we will attempt to verify your identity by reaching out to you for confirmation of the changes.

Direct deposits will take two payroll cycles to fully process, as we allow one payroll cycle to verify your account for accuracy, before depositing any funds into your account.  During that pay period you will have a paper check generated for your wages. These checks will be mailed from the Cashier's Office to your address on file in

(Note: For direct deposit of Financial Aid excess funds see the Financial Services page.)

Additional Pay Links

Student Employment