About the CCAM
A resource center to take your media skills to the next level. Open to all students, the CCAM offers superior flexibility and broadcast-quality technology.
State-of-the-Art Labs and Studios
The CCAM houses media engineering, Evergreen's high-definition television studio, audio lab, sound effects studio, 5.1 surround mixing room and more providing advanced media access and education in a highly-current and technologically fluid environment.
- Improved opportunities for students in media studies programs, with hands-on training and professional-grade equipment.
- Digital conversion, editing and storage of media documents.
- Increased media access for all students and faculty, promoting media literacy for all students.
- Teleconferencing to support the academic and administrative work of the college.
- Theory and practice in the pedagogical area of virtual learning communities.
- It has the same gear as professional studios, but with access available to students at all levels. Productions can be recorded to all types of media, posted to YouTube or streamed live on Evergreen’s website.
The studios have extreme flexibility for many kinds of productions, because every year students come up with many ways to use the equipment to further their education.
Learn more about Media Labs and Studios
Media and Related Studies
The CCAM is available for any credit-generating media production work. Many different academic programs use the facilities as part of the coursework, and any faculty member can arrange to have their students learn how to use them.
About half of all use comes from students in programs where media production is not the central focus, including the Master in Teaching and Master of Public Administration degree programs. Some students also come to us independently of their program to do work related to their studies.
Every year we offer internships in coordination with Electronic Media. Interns receive 16 credits and work 40 hours a week alongside the professional staff. Many of our interns go on to employment in the media industry in Los Angeles, the Pacific Northwest, and elsewhere.
Donations from the public through The Evergreen State College Foundation help us maintain these facilities and stay up to date with rapidly-evolving technology. Donate now or contact us for more information.