CITI training is required for all researchers conducting research with human subjects. A certificate of completion with a score of at least 80% should be submitted along with the application for IRB review.
There are two courses available for researchers conducting research with human subjects
- Human Subjects Research (HSR), (Required)
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR), (Optional)
- Log into CITI -OR- Register with CITI and affiliate with Evergreen:
Go to: https://www.citiprogram.org/ and either Login (returning users) or click Register (new users). If registering for the first time, continue to Step 1 below. If a returning user, login and click “Add a Course or Update Learner Groups” then follow the questions proceeding Step 7.
- Create a User Profile and Selecting Curriculum:
- Step 1. Type in “The Evergreen State College” into the box provided under Select Your Organization Affiliation
- Step 2. Fill out the answers for the Personal Information section.
- Step 3. Create a username and password and then select a security question.
- Step 4. Specify user gender, ethnicity, and race.
- Step 5. Select “No” for Continuing Credits option and choose whether to participate in CITI surveys.
- Step 6. Fill out information as per requested by Evergreen. Please select answers most appropriate to user’s situation.
- Step 7. To select the RCR Training and Human Subjects Training modules, please answer the questions as the following instructions show:
- Question #1: Human Subjects Research: Select, “Social & Behavioral Research Investigators”.
- Question #2: Laboratory Animal Research: Do not select anything.
- Question #3: Responsible Conduct of Research: select Social Sciences”
- Question #4: Responsible Conduct of Research Refresher Course: Select, “Not at this time”.
- Question #5: Conflicts of Interest: Please select, “No”.
- Question #6: Institutional/Signatory Official: Select, “Not at this time”.
- After finalizing registration you will be sent to the Main Menu and the courses you selected will be listed under your Evergreen Courses. To begin, click on the title of the course.
- Complete the online training:
Proceed through the course modules, including reviewing instruction materials and taking required quizzes. There is typically a short quiz (4-10 questions) at the end of each module. Please note:
- Evergreen IRB requires at least an 80% passing grade on each module.
- You may return to the module and re-take the quiz if necessary.
- You do not have to complete all of the modules at one time. Your quiz score(s) will be stored and you can return to complete the remaining modules at any time.
- You’re done!
Once you’ve completed a course you will be returned to the Main Menu, and the status and date of courses taken will be shown under Evergreen Courses. You can print your completion report. A copy of the relevant course completion report will be sent to the Evergreen institutional administrator.