What to Bring to Campus Housing
These essentials will make your space at Evergreen feel like home.
Gather the necessities for COVID-19 and other emergencies:
- A supply of COVID-19 home test kids (available free at COVIDtests.gov)
- An emergency supply kit that includes cash, a first aid kit, and a flashlight
- A two-week supply of non-perishable food and medicine in case you are quarantined in your apartment
- Face masks
- A thermometer
- Prescription medications
- Your I.D. and health insurance information
Our furnished bedrooms are each approximately 125 sq ft. We recommend that you bring enough to be comfortable without feeling crowded.
Personal space essentials:
- Bedding for an XL twin bed – including sheets, mattress pad, blankets, and pillows
- Rain gear
- Personal care and toiletry products
- Toilet paper
- Small trash can
- Laundry basket and detergent
- Power strip and device chargers
- Desk lamp
- Damage-free adhesive picture hangers
- Personal computer and school supplies
Things to bring after talking with your suitemates:
All kitchens are equipped with an electric stove, microwave, refrigerator, sink and cupboard space. Cooking supplies, utensils, and dishwashers are not provided. Coordinate with your suitemates about what to bring for your common kitchen and living room.
- Basic cooking supplies such as:
- pots and pans
- cooking and eating utensils
- coffee, tea, or hot water pot
- rice cooker or steamer
- Green cleaning supplies
- Dish sponges and dishtowels
- Mop and vacuum
Do not bring:
- More items than you are prepared to carry or transport on a cart up to 200 yards
- Halogen lamps, hot plates, gas grills, camp stoves, or toaster ovens
- Pets other than fish
- Candles or incense
- Visit our Housing Policies page for a full list of what you can and cannot bring
Housing offers a variety of services and resources to residents. Plus, you’ll find all the basics:
- Wireless Internet throughout housing
- Covered bicycle parking
- In the Housing Community Center you will find:
- A mailroom open 5 days a week. Personal mailboxes are accessible any time the HCC is open
- A laundry room
- The POD Market, a convenience store
Home away from home
- You can find most of what you need right on Evergreen’s campus, within walking distance.
- See what campus life is like outside of class.
- Olympia offers many local activities and attractions and is located near incredible mountains, the Pacific Ocean, and the city life of Seattle and Portland.