Housing Check-In Information
Evergreen Housing is committed to being a fully vaccinated community this fall, everyone must complete the COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement before moving in.
Move in for fall quarter 2021 will is by appointment on two days only, September 23 and 24
- Students participating in New Student Orientation have been assigned appointments between 9:00am and 2:30pm on Thursday, September 23
- Other students have been assigned appointments between 9:00am and 2:30pm on Friday, September 24
- After Friday, September 24 check-ins will be by appointment only during regular business hours Monday through Friday
Requirements prior to Housing check-in
- Complete the Evergreen COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement or have an approved exemption
- Visit sites.evergreen.edu/covid19/evergreen-fall-vaccination-requirement to submit your proof of vaccination or apply for a medical or religious exemption to vaccination
- We ask everyone to complete the requirement as soon as possible as this will likely take more than one business day to process
- Complete the online RAD Housing Tutorial before moving onto campus
- Fall residents will be enrolled in the RAD Housing Tutorial on September 1
- This takes about 20-30 minutes to complete. It includes important community standards and health information that everyone needs to understand
- We ask everyone to complete the tutorial as soon as possible and before moving onto campus
- If you arrive without completing both the RAD Housing Tutorial and Evergreen COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement, you will not be issued room keys. You will be redirected to another location to complete the tutorial on your cell phone. It may take up to two business days to complete the vaccine requirement which must be done before being issued keys.
If you are feeling ill or have been exposed to COVID-19
- Please delay your check in
- Contact us at email@example.com to arrange a check in appointment at a later date
- Log on to cvdaily.evergreen.edu to inform our COVID team
What to expect when you check-in on Sept. 23 or Sept. 24:
- Arrive within fifteen minutes after your assigned check-in time at Parking Lot F (aka F-Lot)
- Enter 4215 Driftwood Rd NW, Olympia, WA 98505 in your phone map app to get to F-Lot, then look for the directional signs
- If you are early or late you can still check in during regular business hours, but you may have a longer wait time as we prioritize people who arrive during their assigned appointment time
- Make sure you’ve completed your RAD Housing Tutorial and Evergreen COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement before you leave for Evergreen
- Bring masks for everyone in your group
- Everyone must wear a mask when in the housing area whether you are inside your apartment or outside unloading
- After you get keys in F-Lot, you will be directed to an unloading zone.
- Unload your vehicle within 15 minutes
- Vehicles may not be left unattended in the unloading zone
- Flatbed carts will be available to move your belongings
- If you have more belongings than your vehicle passengers can carry in one load, you will check your belongings at a curbside tent for temporary storage
- Tents will be available to check your luggage while you move your vehicle back to F-Lot
- Make sure you pack all your belongings in bags or bins that can be checked curbside and easily transported up to 200 yards using a hand cart
- Please only bring belongings that can fit in your 125 square foot furnished bedroom. Coordinate with your suitemates about dishes and other shared items to bring for your furnished common areas.
- Drive your car back to F-Lot to park
- Unload your vehicle within 15 minutes
- After checking in to housing you can settle in to your room, relax, get food from the Greenery, or explore the campus outside. Food will be available for purchase on campus for lunch.
- In the interest of increasing a healthy and safe start to the year, we encourage family members and friends accompanying students to remain outside as much as possible, and follow mask and social distancing guidelines for situations requiring indoor presence.
Check In appointments:
Appointments have been sent via email to everyone who is assigned a room and has completed the Evergreen COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement.
To view or change your appointment:
- Log on to the StarRez Portal at https://evergreen.starrezhousing.com/StarRezPortal
- Select ‘Check-In Appointments’
- Follow on screen directions
Please arrive at your appointment time.
- Visit www.evergreen.edu/orientation for more information