Checking Out of Housing
Winter Quarter 2023 Check-Out
All non-continuing residents must be out of campus housing by 12 noon on Friday, March 24, 2023.
Any resident checking out after this deadline will be subject to a $300 Late Check-Out Fee.
We encourage residents to Schedule a Key Return Appointment (before March 24th)
- Log in to the StarRez Portal
- Click Appointments
- Select a time from the calendar
- Key Return Appointments are for students moving out of campus housing only
- If you have been approved for summer housing, you will receive information about the summer move process
Do the following to avoid a $100 improper check out fee and/or $200 lock-change fee:
- Remove all personal belongings from your bedroom and common areas.
- You can check out a flatbed cart or wagon to help move heavy items.
- Donate unwanted belongings at the donation center at the stage area of the HCC. Please follow posted instructions and only donate accepted items.
- Clean your bedroom and common areas per your agreement with your roommates.
- Secure your window and lock your bedroom and front doors.
- The Front office on the 3rd floor of RAD will be staffed for key returns:
- Monday, March 20 through Thursday, March 23 from 10am – 5pm
- Or drop your keys in the HCC drop box using the provided key envelope
Other important check-out information:
- Review your Housing Agreement for details regarding break fees, deadlines, and the Housing Agreement Release form.
- Section 10C - Agreement break charges and dates
- Section 14 - Check Out Information
- Check your mail in the HCC for the last time before you return your keys.
- Update your forwarding address by logging on to my.evergreen.edu, clicking Profile, and clicking Personal Information.
- Observe all posted parking regulations during your move. Do not park in bus or file lanes.
- Load vehicles in F-Lot or park in the A bus loop metered spots for 15-minute loading/unloading.
After you have checked out, a staff member will assess the room for any cleaning and damages. You and your roommates will receive an email about any cleaning and damages you may have caused in the common areas.
Note: In addition to furniture, each apartment has been supplied with the following items:
When an apartment is assessed, if any of these items are missing, residents will be charged accordingly.
Health and Safety
Safety protocols to make check-out smooth
- If you are able, plan to move out before the Jun. 14 deadline. This makes is easier to avoid crowds and maintain social distancing.
- Leave your space empty and clean to ensure that the residence is safe for Housing staff to enter after you leave.
If you have questions about this process, email us at email@example.com, or leave a voice message at (360) 867-6132.