International Students

Requirements for applying to Evergreen from around the world.

International Students Recognition Ceremony

International high school students should take the courses needed to gain admission to a university in your home country. Compare your studies to the preparatory course work described for Freshman Applicants and make sure that you have taken classes in composition, mathematics, geography and culture, science and a foreign language, like English.

International transfer students should complete a variety of courses in the arts and sciences, for example: the humanities, social sciences, natural science and art. Compare your studies to the admission requirements for Transfer Applicants.

Graduate international students interested in the Master of Environmental Studies, the Master of Public Administration, or the Master in Teaching should review the admission requirements for each program and then visit International Graduate Admissions.

Meet With an Admissions Counselor

International students with F-1 visas or F-1 status can Meet an Admissions Counselor over Zoom or telephone.

English Language Proficiency

If English is not your native language, we also consider your English language proficiency. The Test of English as a Foreign Language with a minimum score of 550 (paper) or 79 (iBT), or the International English Language Testing System with a minimum overall band score of 6.

  • Freshman applicants: If English is your primary language of instruction, submit an official set of test scores from either the ACT or the SAT. An ACT composite score of 24 or an SAT combined critical reading and math composite score of 1,100 are acceptable.
  • Transfer applicants: Studying in the U.S. may substitute English Composition 101 and English Composition 102 with a “B” grade (3.0) in both courses and a total of 40 transferable quarter hour credits.

International students may enroll in courses and programs offered on the Olympia Campus only.

How to Apply for Admission

  1. First you need to determine if you are going to apply as a First-Year Student or apply as a Transfer Student. Once you have completed the application and paid the $50 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee you can move to the next step. If you are interested in our masters programs please visit the Graduate Studies pages for more information.
  2. Request your official academic transcripts from all secondary schools and colleges or universities attended. Usually these transcripts are sent by the school or college directly to Evergreen. If your primary language of instruction is not English, official academic transcripts will need to be translated by a Certified Service (PDF). The service you select should send the translated, official transcripts directly to Evergreen.
  3. Request your test scores as described in the English language proficiency section above.
  4. An application statement is optional, but it can be helpful to understand your background and interests better.

After You’ve Been Admitted

After you’ve been admitted to Evergreen, you will need to provide a financial statement in order to issue your immigration paperwork. The financial statement form will be sent to you by Admissions. The financial statement should show that you have access to at least $52,000 (U.S.) to pay the normal cost of attendance for one year at Evergreen. Detailed information about these costs can be found at Costs and Aid.



Office Hours

  • Email us anytime for support