Access Services for Students with Disabilities
Access Services for Students with Disabilities recognizes disability as an aspect of diversity that is integral to society and to our campus community. Access staff work with admitted Evergreen students to ensure equal access to academic programs and services. Whether transitioning from high school, community college or another university, it’s important to be aware of the process to request accommodations and/or auxiliary aids due to a disability or temporary health condition.
In accordance with federal and state law, it is the policy of The Evergreen State College that..."no otherwise qualified person with a disability shall, solely on the basis of that disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination by any College program or activity."
Requesting Services for Students with Disabilities
All disability accommodations are determined through an interactive process that requires the engagement of both the student and Access Services staff.
To Request services:
- Complete our Request for Services Form.
- In the application you will upload documentation of your disability.
- Link to guidelines for documentation
Once your application is completed the Director will meet with you to review your information, discuss access needs, barriers and determine reasonable and appropriate accommodations. Requests for accommodations must be made in a timely manner.
- New students are advised to start this process once they have confirmed admission to Evergreen.
- Evergreen students already enrolled should engage with Access Services as soon as possible once they have identified a barrier and/or need.
- Update accommodation requests quartely
Once accommodations are established, they are applied proactively rather than retroactively, so planning ahead is very important. The steps below provide general information about transitioning to college, and also outline the process for requesting and receiving disability accommodations at The Evergreen State College.
Contact our Office
Access Services is open and available to serve students remotely or in person.
If these options do not work for you, please contact us in advance to make other arrangements in one of the following ways:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or to schedule an appointment.
- Call and and leave a message at (360) 867-6348. Please provide your name, student ID, contact information and a brief description of what you need. We are checking and responding to messages regularly.
- Contact individual staff – see contact info below.
Staff are available to provide information, answer questions and update accommodations for returning students.
Mondays: Virtual 2:00 pm to 4:00pm pacific time.
Enter the Access Services virtual waiting room here.
Check the Evergreen Help Wiki for information about using Zoom.
Thursdays: In person 2:00 pm to 4:00pm pacific time.
Come to Evans Hall Rm. 2153
Monday through Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm pacific time.
Other times: By appointment
Contact Access Services
Lilly Marie Kinnamon