Students, Faculty and Staff
Use Evergreen ID or A# to Check Out Materials
- Books, CDs, LPs, DVDs and VHS, and maps are due at the end of the quarter.
- Games are due in one week.
- Summit materials are due in twelve weeks and may be available for renewal. We usually receive Summit requests within three to five business days.
- You can Renew Materials Online or by calling at (360) 867-6580.
The library provides program books for short-term checkout. Print copies of these items may be found via Open Reserve, located near the library's research desk, and may be checked out for two days with a two-day waiting period before they may be checked out again. We may also have e-book copies of materials available.
Check out our Course Materials Guide to see which books we own and in which formats.
In addition to the materials available in our collection, Evergreen is also part of Summit, a consortium of academic libraries in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. You may search the Evergreen Library and the 31 members' libraries simultaneously in the library catalog. When you request items online, they usually arrive at Evergreen within three to five business days. Check out is for twelve weeks with a potential for an additional six-week renewal. Please note not all program books are available for loan through Summit.
Requesting items is free and easy!
- Search the Library Catalog for your books by title or ISBN.
- When you find the item you need, sign in using your My Evergreen credentials.
- To request an Evergreen library book, click the green “Request” button.
- To request a book from Summit, click the “Get it” button in the section for a physical copy or a digital book chapter.
- You will receive an email when your item(s) are ready to be picked up or viewed.
Can't find your item in the catalog?
- Click the expand your search link.
- If the requested material still is not found, click “Still didn’t find what you need, submit a request” link.
All students, staff and faculty have multiple item pick-up options. The Olympia campus, the Tacoma campus, the Big Red locker (offers 24/7 accessibility for all Evergreen users and is located on the Olympia campus), and the Mail to My Home option are all available choices. Pick the one most convenient for you when placing your requests.
Stuck? Contact Us for Help
All students, staff, and faculty have access to electronic materials including eBooks, articles, and streaming video anywhere.
(non-students, staff, and faculty)
Members of the public are welcome to come into the library and use our spaces and services.
- Books may be checked out for the academic quarter.
- Films and other media may be used in the library.
- Renew Materials Online or call (360) 867-6580.
How to Borrow Materials for Free:
- Come to the Library and bring your photo ID.
- Print a Library Card Application or ask for an application at the circulation desk.
- If you are under the age of 18 and not an Evergreen student, then your parent or guardian must sign the application before a library card can be issued.