How to Check Out Materials
Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Use your Evergreen ID card or A# to check out materials.
- Games are due after one week.
- Books and all other materials are due at the end of the quarter.
- Summit materials are due after six weeks and may be available for renewal. We usually receive Summit requests within three to five business days.
- You can renew materials online or by calling us at (360) 867-6580.
The library provides program books for short-term checkout. Print copies of these items may be found via Open Reserve, located near the library's research desk, and may be checked out for two days with no renewals allowed. We may also have e-book copies of materials available.
Check out our Course Materials guide to see which books we own in which formats.
In addition to the materials available in our collection, Evergreen is also part of Summit, a consortium of academic libraries in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. You may search the Evergreen Library and the 31 members' libraries simultaneously in the Library catalog. When you request items online, they usually arrive at Evergreen in 3-5 business days. They check out for 6 weeks with a potential additional 6 weeks renewal. Please note, not all program books are available for loan.
Requesting items is free and easy!
Search the library catalog for your books by title or ISBN.
Sign in using your my.evergreen credentials and click either “Request from Evergreen” or “Request from Summit (3-5 days)” when you find the item you need.
You will receive an email when your item(s) are ready to be picked up.
Can't find in our catalog? Check out the Interlibrary Loan instructions below!
Stuck? Contact us any time for help! By phone at (360) 867-6580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tacoma: Request materials in the library catalog and select pick up at Tacoma campus.
- Native Pathways Students: Request materials and select Tribal Programs/Grays Harbor. Items will be mailed to you.
- Everywhere else: You have access to electronic materials including ebooks, articles, and streaming video.
Community Patrons are again welcome to come into the library and use our spaces and services.
If you'd like to check out materials:
- Bring your photo ID with current address to register for a library card.
- Print a library card application or ask for an application at the circulation desk.
- If you are under age 18 and not an Evergreen student, then your parent or guardian must sign the application before your library card will be issued.
- Books may be checked out for the academic quarter. (See academic quarter dates.)
- Films and other media may be used in the library.
- Renew materials online or call (360) 867-6580.