The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)
To qualify for Evergreen's WUE, you must have the following
- Established residency in one of the WUE states/territories*
- Cumulative 2.75 Grade Point Average (GPA)
WUE is awarded at the time of application for admissions. All admissions applications are considered for WUE. Each student who applies and meets the above qualifications will automatically be awarded.
|Tuition + fees
*Not Washington state
WUE is being awarded for Fall 2023.
WUE is awarded at the time a student is offered admissions and students will automatically be considered at the time of their application.
To qualify for WUE, you must have the following
- A complete admissions application
- An unweighted cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or higher
- Established residency in one of the following states of territories: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming, Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands, Guam, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and Republic of Palau.
Continued Eligibility to Keep WUE
You will receive WUE each quarter if you meet all the following criteria
- You are an admitted degree-seeking student
- You are enrolled full-time with a minimum of 12 credits per quarter
- You meet Evergreen’s Academic Standing Requirements
- You meet the residency requirements
- If you leave Evergreen for more than a year, you will need to re-apply for admission and may not qualify for WUE.
WUE Time Limitations
- Tuition rates are renewable for up to 225 attempted credits under the same policy and provisions as financial aid limitations.
- Must be used within six years of a student’s first quarter of enrollment.
- Does not apply to summer quarter enrollment. A limited number of exceptions may be available for students involved in the "Practices of Organic Farming" program. Contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org learn more.
- WUE students are considered non-resident students and are not eligible for Washington state aid programs or scholarships limited to Washington residents.
- Dependent students and family must continuously maintain legal residency in one of the 16 WUE states or territories.
- Independent students must continuously maintain legal residency in one of the 16 WUE states or territories.
- Dependent and independent status is defined by federal financial aid regulations. Visit studentaid.ed.gov for information. The Office of Admissions may ask for documentation to verify residency in a WUE state or territory to determine eligibility.
- WUE tuition rates will end immediately upon the college determining a student no longer meets residency requirements. Once terminated, WUE cannot be re-established.
- Time spent in Washington while receiving WUE tuition cannot count as time towards establishing Washington state residency.
Electing Not to Use WUE Tuition
- Once you choose not to use WUE, it cannot be reversed.
- You may elect to not use WUE and pay the full non-resident rate. To do so, notify the Office of Admissions in writing at email@example.com.
- You can elect not to use WUE at any time during their enrollment at Evergreen.
- Once notified, the college will apply non-resident tuition rates to the upcoming registered quarter.
Study Abroad and Internships
- If Evergreen tuition is being paid, WUE can be used for quarters that you study abroad or engage in a 12-credit or greater credit-bearing internship. In the case that tuition is paid to another college or organization, WUE tuition rates will not apply.
Other Scholarships and Financial Aid
- All applicants are encouraged to file the FAFSA to check qualification for need-based aid and apply for Evergreen’s scholarships.
- You may be eligible to receive other forms of financial aid and scholarships, along with WUE. However, your total amount of assistance cannot exceed your Cost of Attendance, as defined in your financial aid package.
- If you use WUE, you are not eligible to receive a Scholastic Achievement Award.