Requirements and Deadlines

Be sure you understand what you need to do in order to register for classes and graduate on time.

Do These Requirements Apply to Me?

If you are an undergraduate student admitted or re-admitted for fall quarter 2013 or later, these requirements apply to you.

If you’re in a graduate degree program or were admitted before fall quarter 2013, you’re not required to write one. If you want to do so anyway, to include in your transcript, you must turn it in by the deadline, indicated below.

Annual Requirements—For Continuing Students

You must turn in a version of your Annual Statement by the deadline once a year. Annual Statements are not added to your transcript, though they will be available through your academic record to faculty and advisors.

For the 2022 – 23 school year, turn in your Annual Statement between Friday, November 13, 2022 and Friday, May 19, 2023.

Final Requirement—For Graduating Students

For graduation during the 2022 - 23 school year, you must submit your Final Statement by the following dates:

  • Fall Quarter: Friday, December 9, 2022
  • Winter Quarter: Friday, March 17, 2023
  • Spring Quarter: Friday, June 9, 2023
  • Summer Quarter: Friday, September 1, 2023

If you miss the deadline for your Final Statement, your graduation date will change. We recommend turning it in earlier in your last quarter, so you don’t have to worry about it.

Important considerations for the Final Statement:

  • Word count limitation of 750 words
  • The Academic Statement Review Checklist can help you think about what may be missing from your statement.
  • Once submitted, the Final Statement is permanently added to your transcript and cannot be removed or revised after submitted to your transcript. Think about the kinds of information you want to share and the audience that will be reading it, such as graduate schools or employers.
You can submit your Academic Statement between Week 7 of fall quarter and Week 7 of spring quarter

The open submission window is very generous. Ask for help from faculty and turn in your drafts early so you don’t have to worry about it anymore.

Turning In Your Academic Statements

Submit a Preliminary Draft

Sometimes you might want to submit a preliminary draft to your transcript. For example, you might need a transcript for entry into graduate schools, scholarship applications, or when applying for a job. During the academic year, you can submit an optional preliminary Academic Statement once a year.

This video quickly covers how to turn in your Academic Statement.

Turning in Your Annual Statement

Turn in your Annual Statement online using My Evergreen. More instruction on how to do this is available on the Help Wiki.

Turning in Your Final Statement

To turn in your Final Statement to your transcript:

  • Login at My Evergreen
  • Click on “Academic Statement”
  • Click on the title of your Academic Statement
  • On the right hand side, click the “Graduation” button
  • Confirm that you understand the warning
  • Click “Turn In”