Upcoming Events for Students, Staff and Faculty
2023 Fall Gatherings
Dates, times and locations for all of our events
Climate Cafe with the Center for Climate Action and Sustainability (CCAS) Wednesdays
Play board games, envision the future, relax and chill.
12:30-3 pm in the Social Justice Center, Evans Hall 2205
Learn new tools for managing stress. Practice inclusive trauma-informed strategies.
Taught by Mindful Leader certified workplace mindfulness facilitator, Cholee Gladney.
12:15-12:45 pm via Zoom, check your Evergreen email for links.
Health Fair with Student Wellness Services (SWS)
You are invited to learn about various ways to care for your mind, body, and spirit, and get connected with on and off campus resources that support healing and growth.
Saturday 10/04 from 12-4:30 pm in the Social Justice Center, Evans Hall 2205 and Lobby
LGBTQIA+ Lunch and Learn
Trans and Queer Initiatives Coordinator Sam Fennell presents three interactive and engaging learning opportunities.
- LGBTQIA+ 101 - Thursday 10/12 at 12 pm
- LGBTQIA+ History - Thursday 11/09 at 12 pm
- Gender Deep Dive - Thursday 11/30 at 12 pm
Social Justice Center, Evans Hall 2205
Working toward the common goal of justice and liberation, we will co-create a community that allows each person to experience a sense of belonging, purpose and interconnectedness.
At Evergreen we strive to create a culture of mutual respect and care. The Center serves as a gathering place for Greeners and our surrounding community.
At the Social Justice Center we will:
- Educate, gain skills and build capacity on important issues such as race, social justice and equity in education.
- Foster collaborative partnerships, engage cultural difference, and promote courageous dialogue and advocacy through a social justice lens.
- Serve as a resource for the community.
Staff and Faculty Learning Opportunities
Learn more about Washington State Senate Bill 5227, regarding Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) training requirements for Washington colleges and universities.