The Deans Area provides support for a variety of faculty and student grant opportunities. For details visit the pages listed below.
Opportunities for Faculty
Faculty are eligible to apply for a number of competitive grants from Evergreen to support research, creative endeavors, professional development, and teaching. Click on the links below to find out more about these opportunities.
- Sponsored Research awards, funded directly by the College (internal awards), are open to permanent faculty members to support their research and creative efforts.
- Foundation Grants for Faculty, open to all faculty, including adjunct faculty, fund a variety of costs related to faculty research and professional development.
- The Kutter Fund for Microbiology Research at Evergreen supports faculty-led microbiology research projects that engage undergraduate students.
- PLATO Lecture Series awards fund an annual guest speaker series on a topic concerning computers and technology.
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships fund student fellows to support faculty research.
For information about applying for faculty funding from outside sources (external to the College) contact John McLain, Evergreen's Director of Grants and Foundation Relations.
Opportunities for Students
There are some limited academic funds for supporting students in their own academic work and in gaining research experience through summer work with faculty.
- Student Capstone Fund helps support material costs for capstone or other culminating projects
- Student Travel Fund for Conference Presentations helps fund student travel to present their work at professional conferences
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships provide a summer stipend to students interested in working to support faculty research