Student Accounts

Contact and location


Tuition, holds and collections

We send bills for housing and meal plans, library fines, parking tickets, key charges, and more.

If the college owes you money, you’ll get an email notification and a credit statement. Reply to the email to request a refund.

Some offices post their charges after the quarter ends, so be sure to check your email over the break.

Tuition Billing

Tuition and fees are due each quarter on the fifth day of the quarter. See upcoming tuition deadlines.

We send the first quarterly bill to your email three weeks before the quarter starts. If you register after this, you will not receive an initial bill, but your tuition is still due on the fifth day of the quarter.

Log in to My Evergreen and go to Web Payment to see your statements. Need help understanding your charges? Learn how to read your bill.

If you have veteran’s benefits or if some other organization is paying your tuition, we can’t bill them until the 10th day of the quarter. You’ll get a bill with a balance until your benefits come through.

Authorize a user for payments and billing

If your parent or other family member is paying your tuition, you can set them up as an authorized user:

  1. Log in to My Evergreen
  2. Select “Web Payment”
  3. Scroll down to choose "Send a payer invitation"
  4. Enter your parent’s or guardian’s information and email address so they can view your charges, receive billing notifications and make payments to your student account

By law, a student’s information cannot be released to anyone other than the student without a written release. Student information includes bills. If you need billing information, ask the student to complete a FERPA release form on My Evergreen. Learn more about the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

Holds and Collections

If you have an outstanding balance that is over 30 days past due, you won’t be able to register. The hold notification in My Evergreen should let you know if your hold is related to an outstanding balance.  Interest charges on past due accounts are assessed at the rate of 1% per month.

Outstanding balances that are more than 90 days past due may be sent to collections. Contact our office to make payments arrangements before your account is past due.  

In the event your account is sent to a collection agency you will be responsible for any fees (which may be based on a percentage of up to 33⅓ of the debt) charged in addition to the original balance due. All costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees that the college incurs in a collection effort must be reimbursed by the account holder.

Receiving Financial Aid Refunds

Refund types, buying books and supplies

Financial aid refund checks and eRefunds are issued the Friday before the first week of classes to students who the Financial Aid Office has disbursed aid to.


Checks are printed and mailed twice per week on Tuesday and Thursday. The time to receive a check can vary and depends upon the Postal Service. If you have recently moved the Olympia Post Office recommends that you affix your last name inside of your mailbox so that the carrier knows to deliver your mail to that address.

Checks are mailed to a student's most recent address on file. You can check to see if your address is up to date or make changes by logging into your User Profile.

The Cashiers Office does not give out financial aid refund checks at the cashier window.


You can opt in to have your financial aid refund directly deposited into your checking or savings account by enrolling in eRefund by clicking "Sign up for direct deposit refunds" after logging in at Evergreen's Web Payment Portal.

The Student Accounts Office processes eRefunds daily Monday through Friday. It can take up to three business days for the refund to show up your bank account.

If you also receive paychecks from the college, please note that eRefunds are not the same as payroll direct deposits and each is opted into separately.

Payroll Checks and Petty Cash Reimbursements

Receiving funds

Payroll Checks

Your payroll check will be mailed to the address on file. Make sure your address is up to date.

You can also have your payroll check direct deposited by enrolling in payroll direct deposit. Employees enrolled in payroll direct deposit will receive their payroll funds in their account on pay day.

Petty Cash Reimbursements

Once the Cashiers Office is notified by the Accounting Office that the petty cash reimbursement has been approved, you will be contacted via email when your reimbursement is available for pick up at the cashier window during Cashiers Office hours. You will need to provide a valid photo ID such as your Evergreen ID.

Prepayment Plans

Manage your payments

Preypayment Plans are no longer available for the 2023-2024 Academic Year

If you have to pay any portion of tuition, fees, or campus housing out of pocket, a prepayment plan will help you spread out and manage your payments.

Prepayment plans are only for full academic years and cover fall, winter, and spring quarters.

To sign up, log in to My Evergreen and go to “Web Payment” to get started. Under “Installment Payment Plan” you will find a calculator. The calculator will help you estimate the total amount of the prepayment plan you want to set up. The Prepayment plan is open as of July 1st, 2023, and the first payment will be due July 30th.   

  • July 30, August 30, and September 30 – to cover fall expenses.
  • October 30, November 30, December 30 – to cover winter expenses.
  • January 30, February 29, March 30 – to cover spring expenses.


  • $40 non-refundable sign-up fee
  • $25 fee insufficient or uncollected funds
  • $10 late payment fee

Underpayment or Overpayment

If you change your enrollment, housing, or other expenses, or if your financial aid isn't what you expected, you may end up owing more or less than the amount set in your payment plan.

At the end of spring quarter, we review your account and send a bill or refund.

1098-T Tax Forms

We prepare 1098-T Forms for all students who had qualified tuition and related expenses billed to their student account during the calendar year ending December 31 of each year.

1098-T forms are mailed to the mailing address on file and should arrive shortly after January 31.

If you elected to get your 1098-T electronically, you can download it from My Evergreen starting January 31 under the Student Financial Services section. You are also able to access up to six years worth of forms for previous years.

Under the Internal Revenue Code Section 25A, students may claim an education tax credit for qualified tuition and related expenses actually paid during the year ending December 31st.

Additional information is available on the IRS website:

Federal Tax ID Number

The Federal Tax ID Number for The Evergreen State College is 91‑0826533.

Student Tax Information provided by the College is available for information only. For tax advice, please consult the IRS or a Tax Accountant. For more information or questions, go to the IRS Website

What is the 1098-T Tax Form?

Form purpose

The Evergreen State College provides IRS Form 1098-T to eligible students who made full or partial payments for their qualified tuition and related expenses (QTRE) during the previous calendar year. This form is informational only and should not be considered as tax opinion or advice. The form alerts students that they may be eligible for federal income tax education credit. However, receiving the 1098-T does not mean you will qualify. Please consult a tax advisor for questions regarding American Opportunity Credit and Lifetime Learning education tax credit eligibility requirements and how to file for them.

How and When do I Receive the 1098-T?

Timing and access

1098-T tax form will be produced and made available to you by the end of January. If you have selected the electronic delivery option, your 1098-T will be accessible through your portal by January 31st. Everyone else will be mailed a physical copy, postmarked by January 31st.

How do I Find the 1098-T in the Portal?

Steps for online access
  1. Once you’ve logged in, select the “Student Accounts Dashboard” link
  2. Under the Student Accounts section, select “Tax Forms Information”
  3. Choose the appropriate Tax Year in the drop down menu

What if I Didn’t Get a 1098-T Form?

Eligibility factors

Eligibility for the form is determined by several factors including citizenship status, academic credit, timing of payments, and whether your tuition and fees were entirely covered by grants, waivers, scholarships, or other third-party funding sources.

Who Should I Contact if I Have More Questions about the 1098-T?

Further assistance
  • The Student Financial Services Office can help explain the amounts shown on the form. Please be aware we cannot provide tax filing advice. 
  • The IRS Publication 970 explains education tax benefits that may be available to you. 
  • Please consult a tax advisor for further questions about those benefit requirements and how best to file for them.


It has become common for Gmail and other email services to mark our email responses as spam. After contacting us by phone or email, please check your spam or junk mail folder to see if our response was caught by a spam filter.