QuaSR Center Employment
Apply for work with QuaSR
The QuaSR center is always looking for students who are interested in being peer tutors in a supportive work environment.
- Sign up for the 2-credit Tutoring Math and Science course offered every Spring quarter. The class focuses on research based techniques to support equitable outcomes in math and science.
- Prior to the start of Fall quarter you will participate in a 2-day training workshop where you will practice tutoring technics
- On-going training by the Director and Assistant Director to help you grow and refine your practice.
Some of what you will do as a tutor
- Support independent exploration of program content
- Work through application of complex material with learners
- Model problems for learners
- Work with faculty to support students in program workshops
- Demonstrate how to structure learning in science and math
What you gain by tutoring
- Experience for your future career. The skills gained by tutoring are easily applied to graduate work and every career track.
- Confidence in your skill as a STEM student
- Opportunity to explore your interests
- Work with folks across significant differences