Student Financial Services (Bursar)
Changes due to COVID-19
The Student Accounts, Perkins Loan Office, and Cashiers are working on-campus and available via phone at (360) 867-6447 and in-person counter service Monday through Friday at the scheduled times below.
|Cashier's Office||9:00am to 4:00pm||9:00am to 4:00pm||9:00am to 4:00pm||9:00am to 4:00pm||9:00am to 1:30pm|
|Student Accounts||9:00am to 5:00pm||9:00am to 5:00pm||9:00am to 5:00pm||9:00am to 5:00pm||
9:00am to 2:00pm
Please note that Evergreen currently requires that a mask be worn in person regardless of vaccination status.
To make sure you receive help promptly, it is important to note the following: It has become common for Gmail and other email services to mark our email responses as spam. After contacting us by phone or email, please check your spam folder to see if our response was caught by the spam filter.
Schedule a Zoom Meeting
If you prefer, we can also meet with you via Zoom. Please email email@example.com with a time that will work best for you.
If you owe money for anything on campus, including replacement ID cards, tuition, housing, meal plans, and fines, you can pay online, by mail, or in person through the Cashiers Office.
- Online Via Our Web Payment Portal
- Electronic Check: you can pay online with electronic check for free with your checking or savings account number and your bank accounts routing number.
- Credit or Debit Card: you can also pay online with a credit or debit card. Please note there is an added 2.75% processing fee when paying with a credit or debit card online.
- In Person at the Cashiers Window:
- Cash, Check, and Debit Card: The Cashiers Office accepts cash, check, and also is able to accept payment in person with a debit card for no added processing fee. The cashiers office does not accept credit cards.
- By Mail Via Paper Check: When paying by check, be sure to write your student #A Number in the memo field on the check, and to address the envelope to:
The Evergreen State College
2700 Evergreen Parkway NW
Olympia, WA 98505
- Drop Box: You can also place a payment in the after hours drop box located at the east entrance of the library building, on the first floor near the Cashiers Office.
To find out more information about the billing process, tuition deadlines, late fees, account holds, and Evergreen's collections process, please see Student Accounts page on Billing.
Receiving Financial Aid Refunds
Financial aid refund checks and eRefunds are issued the Friday before the first week of classes to students who the Financial Aid Office has disbursed aid to.
The Accounting Office prints and mails checks twice per week on Wednesdays and Fridays. The time to receive a check can vary and depends upon the Postal Service. If you have recently moved the Olympia Post Office recommends that you affix your last name inside of your mailbox so that the carrier knows to deliver your mail to that address.
Checks are mailed to a student's most recent address on file. You can check to see if your address is up to date or make changes by logging into your User Profile.
The Cashiers Office does not give out financial aid refund checks at the cashier window.
You can opt into having your financial aid refund directly deposited into your checking or savings account by enrolling in eRefund by clicking on "Sign up for direct deposit refunds" after logging in at our Web Payment Portal.
The Student Accounts Office processes eRefunds daily Monday through Friday, and it can take up to three business days for the financial aid refund to show up your bank account.
If you also receive paychecks from the college, please note that eRefunds are not the same as payroll direct deposits and each is opted into separately.
Payroll Checks and Petty Cash Reimbursements
You can pick up payroll checks and petty cash reimbursements at the cashiers window during Cashiers Office hours. You will need to provide a valid photo ID such as your Evergreen ID.
Your payroll check will be available to pick up at the cashier window for five business days after each pay date. Then the check will be sent to your mailing address on file. (See detailed pay schedule.)
You can also have your payroll check direct deposited by enrolling in payroll direct deposit. Employees enrolled in payroll direct deposit will receive their payroll funds in their account on pay day.
Petty Cash Reimbursements
Once the Cashiers Office is notified by the Accounting Office that the petty cash reimbursement has been approved, you will be contacted via email to let you know that your reimbursement is available for pick up at the cashier window.
1098-T Tax Forms
We prepare 1098-T Forms for all students who had qualified tuition and related expenses billed to their student account during the calendar year ending December 31 of each year.
If you elected to get your 1098-T electronically, you can download it from My Evergreen starting January 31 for the previous year's information. Click on Student Financial Services to get started. You can access six years worth of forms.
Otherwise, you’ll get a paper copy at the mailing address on file shortly after January 31.*
Under the Internal Revenue Code Section 25A, students may claim an education tax credit for qualified tuition and related expenses actually paid during the year ending December 31st.
Additional information is available on the IRS website:
* Not all students receive 1098-T forms. Nonresident undocumented students may contact us to receive a form. You will not receive a form if your qualifying tuition and expenses were completely waived, paid for by scholarships, or covered by a formal billing arrangement with an employer or government agency.