eLearning for Educators
The eLearning for Educators Project offers affordable online courses and no-cost mini-trainings. New offerings are available now with more coming soon. The project is one of the OSPI State Needs Projects.
Available now! Three new Mini-Training Modules:
- Discipline in the Special Education Process (No cost; 0 clock hours)
- Considering Paraeducator Support in the Special Education Process (No cost; 0 clock hours)
- Service Delivery in the Special Education Process (No cost; 0 clock hours)
The new modules are a part of a growing menu that specifically addresses common training needs arising from the Special Education Community Complaint Process (SECC). Developed in collaboration with OSPI, the mini-training modules provide an option for school districts looking for vetted training in response to a SECC decision. Designed for individual or group access, at no cost. Clock hours are not provided.
Available now! Eleven new course offerings:
- Family Engagement: Collaborating with Families of Students with Disabilities
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports: Team-Driven Shared Leadership*
- Meaningful Transitions: Connecting IEP Transition Planning, HSBP, and Graduation Pathways*
- Explicit Instruction: Supporting Practices and Implementation
- Assistive Technology
- Inclusionary Practices: Ch. 1: An Instructional Guide for Inclusive Educators*
- Inclusionary Practices: Ch. 2: Inclusive Learning Environments*
- Restorative Practices*
- Understanding and Responding to Trauma*
- Equity Concepts: Mindset-Equity and Inclusion, Implicit Bias, and Repairing Harm*
- Self-Care and Relationships*
You can find more information about these new offerings in the descriptions below. Offerings marked by an asterisk (*) are available free of charge (select Free Offerings when registering) or for a nominal fee for clock hours.
How Our Offerings Work
- Access offerings anytime, anywhere.
- Available continuously.
- Available to all educators.
- Focus on relevant topics in special education.
- Clock hours accepted by OSPI for certificate maintenance.
Course and Mini-Training Offerings
Courses and mini-trainings are offered continuously, so there are no registration deadlines.
When you're ready, register and get started! You'll have three months to complete your course or mini-training. Offerings are delivered asynchronously/online via Canvas.
You can check the list of All Courses and Mini-trainings, or see below for a topic area breakdown.
Courses by Topic Area
- Accommodations and Assistive Technology
- Assessment and Instruction
- Behavior and Classroom Management
- Early Learning
- Secondary Transition
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Special Education Processes
How to Register
You'll need to register online.
Payment for courses may be made by major credit card, debit card, electronic check, or purchase order. The mini-training modules are offered at no cost and are not eligible for clock hours. Within two to three (2-3) business days, you’ll receive an email from eLearning for Educators with your start and end-dates, as well as your login information.