The Academic Deans Office is available by telephone, email, or in-person, Monday - Friday: 10 am - 12:30 pm, 1 pm - 4 pm (except for holidays). Call (360) 867-6810 or email email@example.com.
We work closely with the Provost to set academic policy and work through daily concerns.
Evergreen’s academic structure is unique and especially designed to model the college values in collaboration and shared governance. We are all members of the faculty and we rotate into the deans positions from teaching for fixed three or four year terms. Instead of representing academic divisions, we are each responsible for specific administrative functions within our academics as a whole and we work as a team to support faculty and students.
It is a privilege to serve as deans of Evergreen—a service we have all taken on because we believe so firmly in the values of the college. We welcome your questions and comments—in person or by email.
- Abir Biswas, Interim Academics and Development
- Lori Blewett, Evening and Weekend Studies / Summer
- Karen Gaul, Academics and Development
- Larry Geri, Curriculum
- Greg Mullins, Instructional Support / Library and Media Services
- Marcia Tate Arunga, Evergreen Tacoma
- Elizabeth Williamson, Curriculum
Faculty Deadline Information
For the 2019-2020 academic year there are multiple deadlines concerning a variety of important opportunities and responsibilities for faculty.
Academic Deans by Administrative Role
- Academic Statement and Mentor Council
- Evening and Weekend Studies
- Faculty Development
- Faculty Hiring
- First Year Curriculum
- Independent Learning Training for Faculty
- International Exchange and Study Abroad
- Olympia Undergraduate Curriculum
- Prior Learning Program
- Professional Leave
- Professional Travel
- Required Leave of Absence
- Summer Curriculum