Become a Student Fellow
Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships are a multidisciplinary research opportunity. Projects represent different research areas at the college and facilitate student experience and engagement with research and creative projects. As junior research partners, student fellows work directly on the research activities of faculty members over a 12-week summer session.
Admitted Evergreen undergraduates who will not have graduated before the summer of the fellowship.
Students must be in good academic standing with no registration holds at the time of award.
Each fellowship role and duties will change depending on the research project and need. Students should review their desired research project and connect with faculty to ensure they are a good fit.
- Be able to work half-time (20 hours/week) or more on the project
- Be available for the 12-week session during mid-June through mid-September (students may work with faculty to create flexible schedules)
- Attend the in-person opening reception in June
- Participate in activities with other fellows throughout the summer
- Present work in-person at the showcase in the fall
- Attend other events and activities as requested
Student fellows receive a stipend of $3,700 for successful completion of summer research work. Students that participate in the program create close faculty and fellow relationships and have ample opportunities for networking with their fields in addition to hands on research in their subject area.
Student fellows may also receive opportunities to present their findings and research at conferences and other events, co-author publications, and more. Speak to project faculty with any questions about specific opportunities related to their research.
- Eligible students should review the current projects and fellowship requirements
- Email project faculty to determine if you are a good fit for each other
- Complete the application
Applications close the Monday of Week 9 of Winter Quarter (March 4, 2024).
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org