Why Work at QuaSR?
- Experience for your future career or study, the skills gained by tutoring are easily applied to graduate work and every career track
- Confidence in your skill as a STEM student
- Opportunity to explore your interests
- Work with folks across significant differences
What Does a Tutor Do?
- Support independent exploration of program content
- Work through application of complex material with learners
- Model problems for learners
- Work with faculty to support students in program workshops
- Demonstrate how to structure learning in science and math
No Experience Needed!
- Tutors take a 2-credit Tutoring Math and Science course offered every Spring quarter. The class focuses on research based techniques to support equitable outcomes in math and science.
- Tutors participate in training before the start of the academic year
- Tutors receive on-going training with Center Staff to help you grow and refine your practice.