- SURF is a multidisciplinary opportunity. Projects represent different research arenas at the college.
- Allows students to engage with real-world research and creative projects, giving faculty the opportunity to make additional progress on their research. As junior research partners, student fellows work directly on the research activities of faculty members.
- The program supports several fellows over the 12-week summer.
- Faculty propose research projects and students apply to specific projects.
- Selected students receive up to $3,700 stipends for their summer participation.
- Faculty receive $500 for project expenses for each fellow placed with them.
- Admitted Evergreen undergraduates who will not have graduated before the summer of the fellowship.
- In good academic standing with no registration holds at the time of award.
For more details visit the Student Application Page
- Pre-retirement permanent and adjunct faculty are eligible to submit proposals.
- Adjunct faculty, at the time of project selection, must have a contract to teach at Evergreen for the following academic year.
- At the time of selection, faculty participants must meet the requirements listed under “Eligibility for Professional Development Opportunities” in the current Evergreen/UFE Collective Bargaining Agreement.
For more details visit the Faculty Application Page