Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF) Student Information
SURF provides students a summer of intensive paid research with faculty.
- Read the student eligibility and fellowship expectations to see if you are a good fit for SURF
- Read the available SURF projects
- Email the faculty leading the project you plan to apply for to determine if you are a good fit. Do this before you apply.
- Complete the application. The summer 2023 application will open closer to the date. The application will close Friday week 1 of spring quarter, which is April 7th, 2023.
- Admitted Evergreen undergraduates who will not have graduated before the summer of the fellowship.
- In good academic standing with no registration holds at the time of award.
- Eligible for student employment at Evergreen.
- Work on the project 20 or more hours per week
- Work 12 weeks (mid-June through mid-September). Fellows may make flexible schedule plans with faculty.
- Participate in:
- an opening reception for the program in June
- activities with other fellows during the summer
- presentations of their work at a fall event
- participate in other events throughout the year as requested
- $3,700 stipend will be awarded after the successful completion of summer quarter.
2023 SURF Projects
will be posted closer to spring quarter 2023. You can see the SURF project history here.