Understand your educational options, plan your academic path, and succeed as a learner
You Can Get Support
- Understand how college works and how to develop the skills to succeed here
- Navigate Evergreen’s curriculum
- Choose programs and courses to meet your interests and goals
- Identify and develop an area of emphasis in your studies
- Prepare for advanced study in your field
- Connect with campus resources and support systems
- Improve your study and time management skills
You aren’t assigned an advisor; anyone in the Advising Center can help you. If you like working with a specific advisor, you can make appointments with them. Meet the advising staff and peer advisors.
Get Career Support
The counselors in the Career Development Center offer personalized advice for any stage of your job search. Connect your studies to a career path. Get advice on creating your resume, writing a cover letter, or nailing an interview. Or explore your grad school options.
Get Ready for Fall
You can check enrollment levels for Fall 2015 by reviewing the Enrollment Report.
Before the quarter starts:
- be sure to check your registration to make sure everything’s OK. If something looks wrong, get in touch with Registration!
- if you're on a waitlist, make sure you understand how waitlists work.
- Make sure you know when and where your class meets for the first time.
- Be on time for your first class meeting—if you’re absent or late, you could lose your seat! If you truly aren’t able to be there on time or at all, be sure to e-mail your faculty to let them know, and tell them when you will be present.
Visit an Advisor
Get advising assistance in person, on the phone, or by email.
- Come in before registration and beat the rush!
- Talk to us before you run into trouble and get steered in the right direction.
Advisors can’t discuss your specific academic situation with anyone other than you unless you sign a release form. See the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) page for details.
We’re not the only people who can help you with planning. These offices are available for academic support and planning:
- Career Development and Planning Center
- Access Services for Students with Disabilities
- First Peoples Multicultural Advising
- TRiO Student Support Services
You can also talk to your faculty for mentoring and guidance.
Navigating Evergreen (YouTube)—A quick overview for students new to Evergreen.