Joseph Albert Dear Memorial Scholarship
Amount: $2,052; multiple awards
Due Date: Friday, February 22, 2019
Keep this scholarship funded for future generations.
Offered to new or currently enrolled students with at least sophomore standing attending full time who are pursuing studies with a public policy focus in preparation for a career in public service. This scholarship is intended to support promising students who may be at risk of dropping out of college and who demonstrate financial need. In addition, the applicant should be one or more of the following:
- Facing high levels of student loan indebtedness
- A first generation student, e.g., a student whose parents did not graduate from a 4 year college or university
- Native American
- African American
- A parent
- Age 24-26 and working to complete their degree
- Letter of application no longer than two pages. Please speak to the following in your letter of application:
- Describe how your studies focus on public policy and prepare you for a career in public service.
- How do you plan to use your degree after you finish Evergreen?
- Statement, no longer than half of one page, outlining how you meet one of the additional criteria set out above.
- FAFSA or WASFA (see How to Apply #4).