Jacinta McKoy Community Based Learning and Action Scholarship
Due Date: Friday, February 22, 2019
Keep this scholarship funded for future generations.
Offered to a currently enrolled student with at least sophomore standing attending full time who demonstrate interest in pursuing community based service and social change. This scholarship is also intended to support promising students who may be at risk of dropping out of college and who demonstrate financial need. The applicant should also be one or more of the following:
- Facing high levels of student loan indebtedness
- A first generation student, e.g., a student whose parents did not graduate from a 4 year college or university
- Native American
- African American
- A parent
- Age 24-26 and working to complete their degree
- Letter of application no longer than two pages. Please speak to the following in your letter of application:
- Describe your passion for community-based service and social change.
- Describe how your studies and any volunteer or paid work express your commitment to community based service and social change?
- How do you plan to use your degree after you finish Evergreen?
- Statement, no longer than half of one page, outlining how you meet one of the additional criteria set above.
- FAFSA or WASFA (see Steps to Take #4).