Return to Evergreen—Tacoma
Saturday, October 12 |
Reconnect with fellow alumni, faculty, and students to celebrate and learn what’s new at Evergreen—Tacoma. Meet the new dean, Dr. Marcia Arunga, and celebrate the achievements of alumni who “enter to learn, depart to serve.” Let’s celebrate the strengths of the Tacoma alumni community.
- 10:00am: Check in and find your seat in the Dr. Maxine Mimms and Dr. W. Joye Hardiman Lyceum Hall.
- 10:30am: Enjoy brunch. Mix and mingle with fellow alumni.
- 11:00am: Program begins. Hear what's new at Evergreen—Tacoma.
- 11:30pm: See the film Sustaining Hilltop: What's Really Going On?
- 12:00pm: Participate in an engaging group discussion and share ideas on housing solutions in the spirit of continuous learning.
Your experience will include a delicious brunch and the chance to connect with former classmates and faculty. Hear what's new on campus from Dr. Anthony Zaragoza and Tacoma's new dean, Dr. Marcia Tate Arunga. After brunch, join us for a unique Evergreen—Tacoma continuous learning experience.
An Evergreen—Tacoma Community Conversation: New Perspectives on Housing in Tacoma
View the screening of a new documentary on the topic of housing in the Hilltop community. The film Sustaining Hilltop: What's Really Going On? was developed and produced by alumni LaTonya Kadar '19 and Jayne Schmidtke '19 with students Sandi Oswalt and Charlene Chelley. LaTonya and Jayne will be available to answer questions about the film.
After the film, you will have an opportunity to share your ideas and explore different approaches to housing challenges in a generative, and engaging group discussion with Korbett Mosesly '11, MPA '17.
We hope to see you there as we celebrate the extraordinary spirit of the Evergreen—Tacoma alumni community.
Contact us at email@example.com or call (360) 867-6519 to learn more about Return to Evergreen- Tacoma. Speaker information will be posted shortly.
Highlights from past Return to Evergreen—Tacoma events:
To see more photos, please visit our Return to Evergreen Facebook page.