Evergreen offers undergraduates opportunities to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in arts, science, or both. Evergreen also offers three graduate level degrees.
- All of your credits will count toward your Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science.
- We don’t have majors or general education requirements for undergraduate degrees, so there are no required courses you have to take.
- Although we don’t have majors, you can choose an area of emphasis in your studies.
- Advisors can help you choose programs and courses to meet your goals such as:
- Planning which programs and courses best fit into your intended area of emphasis
- Making sure you're on track to meet graduate or professional school prerequisites
- Choosing programs and courses to fulfill the minimum number of science credits toward a science degree (Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts & Science)
- If you plan to pursue a science degree, notify Registration and Records by submitting a completed declaration form (PDF). If you are considering a science degree but aren't quite ready to declare your intent, submit a science review request form (PDF) to see how the credits you’ve already completed count toward the science degree requirements.
There are no specific courses required to graduate.
- Bachelor of Arts: Requires a minimum of 180 credits.
- Bachelor of Science: You must declare your intent (PDF) to pursue a BS degree. Requires a minimum of 180 credits. 72 of these credits must be science, math or computer science, and 48 of those must be upper division (Junior or Senior level) credits.
- Bachelor of Arts & Science: You must declare your intent (PDF) to pursue a BAS degree. Requires a minimum of 225 credits. 72 of these credits must be science, math or computer science, and 48 of those must be upper division (Junior or Senior level) credits.
If you transfer credits from another college, 45 of your last 90 credits must be earned at Evergreen. If you have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college (including Evergreen) and wish to earn a second bachelor’s degree, you must earn at least 45 additional credits at Evergreen. Credits for Prior Learning from Experience documents or CLEP tests do not satisfy the 45-credit requirement.
Academic Statement Requirement
In addition to the credit requirements for your specific degree (listed above), you must submit a final Academic Statement to your transcript for graduation by the deadline. Learn more about academic statement requirements and deadlines.
This requirement applies to all undergraduates admitted or re-admitted fall 2013 or later.
See your graduate program’s site for their degree requirements.