Wilderness First Aid Training
Wilderness First Aid
Instruction by the Wilderness Medicine Training Center
This Course if For:
WMTC's Wilderness First Aid course may be the best choice for weekend campers, people taking day hikes within cell phone coverage, and those who are looking for basic instruction. It meets requirements for many outdoor jobs, including Boy Scouts of America and American Camping Association trip leader requirements. Depending on your field and/or activity, a WFR may be more appropriate.
WMTC's standard WFA is 3 days long and may also be used to recertify current WMTC WAFA, WFR, & WEMT certifications. To recertify you will need to pay an additional $25 testing fee.
Graduates from other approved wilderness medicine school may recertify as well if their certifications are current OR in a grace period. Please visit WMTC's website for a list of approved providers and more details before registering
Visit the Wilderness Medicine Training Center website for additional information.
Course Dates & Times
- Class starts at 8 a.m. on Friday, March 30th
- Daily times – the course schedule will vary throughout the course. Class will start promptly at 8:00 am and go until 5 or 6 pm. CPR will be an additional evening session. See projected syllabus below.
Location, Parking, and Directions
- Classes will be held at the Costantino Recreation Center (CRC) on The Evergreen State College's campus, and in the surrounding woods
- Google Maps will direct you to campus by using the following address. Park in lot C. If you park on Friday, you will need to pay $3 for a parking pass. The weekend is free to park. Bus lines 41 and 48 also take you directly to campus.
- The Evergreen State College, 2700 Evergreen Parkway NW, Olympia, WA 98505
- The CRC is a 5-minute walk from the NE corner of Lot C. Enter through the amphitheater level
Registration & Fees
- Registration is open until course is full
- Fees are as follows:
- Evergreen Student WFA - $240
- Non-Student WFA - $270
- Recertification for WFR/WAFA/WEMT - $25 testing fee added to course price
- Payment can be made in 3 ways (cash, check, credit card)
- Online (registration)
- Over the Phone (360-867-6778)
- In-Person (Administration Desk of CRC)
The release form is required before the course begins. Please email the completed form to email@example.com or mail to:Attention: Sam Hensold The Evergreen State College 2700 Evergreen Parkway NW, CRC 210 Olympia, WA 98505
During your practical session you will be spending quite a bit of time outside (rain, hopefully sun, etc.) and will likely get very dirty during many of the skills sessions and simulations. Bring clothing appropriate to the weather. It should be tough and old enough to withstand a beating. You will also need to bring a notebook, pen, pencil, backpack, water bottle, a pair of heavy hiking socks, and two sets of old clothing that may be cut (two pair of long sleeved shirts, two pair of long pants, and two T-shirts). “Cutable”clothing is required for simulations and practice.
Contact Sam Hensold at firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 360-867-6520