Fall 2019 New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation supports new Evergreen students and their families through the process of becoming successful and lifelong members of the Evergreen community.
Tuesday–Sunday, September 24–29
- Begin settling into your new home away from home.
- Meet new friends and learn about your new community.
- Identify student support resources.
- Explore academic and student life at Evergreen.
- Learn how to take charge of your education.
Family and Friends
Tuesday, September 24
- Learn about your student’s new community.
- Meet the staff and administrators who support Evergreen students.
- Learn strategies to support your new Greener.
- Find the answers to all of your questions.
If you are a student with a disability in need of an during Orientation, please contact Access Services for Students with Disabilities as soon as possible prior to the events you are attending. Call (360) 867-6348 or TTY (360) 867-6834.
All new students are expected to participate in orientation and many events are required. Please plan to participate fully in Orientation Week—it will make a difference for you! (Evening and Weekend Studies students whose daytime schedules prevent attendance at some required sessions can find information about alternative sessions.)
Welcome to Evergreen. We’re glad you’re here.
Here are some handy resources for planning your trip:
- Get driving directions and transit information
- Browse accommodations
- Explore the great things Olympia has to offer
Reminder: Olympia is a temperate climate, so be prepared to dress for chilly mornings and warm afternoons.
If you are a student with a disability in need of an accommodation during Orientation, please contact Access Services for Students with Disabilities at (360) 867-6348 as soon as possible prior to the events you are attending.