Visiting and Volunteering
Due to the pandemic, we are not currently hosting tours and have limited capacity to accept volunteers. As this is an evolving situation, please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
As an essential industry and part of the Governor's Higher Education and Workforce Training programs, the Organic Farm has remained operational throughout the lockdown. We have developed a comprehensive COVID-19 safety plan and continue to monitor and evolve operations based upon best practices developed by the Washington State Department of Agriculture and Labor and Industries.
Cleaning, sanitizing, wearing masks, and practicing social distancing have become incorporated into daily life on the farm. Students undergo wellness and temperature checks upon entry. Visitors must sign in for contact tracing purposes.
To Schedule a Tour
Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 360-867-6160.
To Use the Farm Facilities
- Growing Season Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Winter Hours (Dec - Feb): Monday – Thursday, 9am – 4pm
- Address: 2712 Lewis Rd, Olympia 98502
Directions from Highway 101: Take the exit to The Evergreen State College. From there, turn left onto 17th, follow and then take the first right onto Simmons Road, then the first right onto Lewis Road. The Organic Farm will be on your right.
Directions from Evergreen Campus: Take either of the paths behind Lab 1 and you will have a beautiful wander through the woods, which ends at the farm.
About Our Tours
We do tours of all types! In the past, we have hosted preschoolers, grade schools, middle schools, high schools, college classes, staff retreats, retirement communities and current and future Evergreen staff and students. The duration of the tour is flexible, depending on the focus of the group. Tours are typically between 30-45 minutes long, and are led by one of our staff members. Please dress according to the weather when you come so that you can have your best experience possible!
- Shirt and close-toed-shoes must be worn at all times.
- As this farm is a business, personal harvesting is not allowed. If you would like to take home some of our produce, please ask what is available and we will be happy to sell to you!
- Smoking is permitted ONLY in the designated smoking area. If you smoke, please wash your hands THOROUGHLY before entering our gates, as there are plant diseases that can be passed from tobacco smoke to our plants.
- Please clean your shoes thoroughly before and after visiting The Organic Farm to prevent spreading any other plant disease.
Winter Quarter volunteering can only be done by appointment.
Email email@example.com or call us at 360-867-6160