New First-Year Housing
New first-year housing will open in September 2019, replacing current resident halls A–D.
*Construction pending final approval by Evergreen Board of Trustees.
This building will replace the current residence halls, which were too expensive and difficult to renovate. Residence halls A–D will be demolished after the new building is complete.
- 480 beds for first-year students
- Traditional hallways with single and double rooms and shared restrooms
- Wide hallways, lots of open space
- Community gather spaces and common kitchen
- Fully accessible
- Built with sustainability and energy efficiency in mind
- Architectural team: Mahlum Architects Inc.
- The total design and construction budget is approximately $40 million.
- The college will be paying for the new building primarily with bonds and RAD funds, not state funds.